Monday, May 6, 2019

Monday This and That

Good morning.  What a whirlwind weekend I had.  On Friday  I went to the center.  Went early for the Pet Bereavement group which will end next week.  Lunch was fantastic.  First time I ever had pulled pork.  My peers were saying it wasn't 'real' pulled pork, just pork with gravy, but it was delicious anyway. Had that with egg noodles and spinach. 

Finished this one on Friday.  Not the true color.  Wish my camera would pick up colors better.  This is actually a beautiful gold--golden glass beads, gold colored pearls, and darker amber spacer beads.

Put this one together, but had no time to finish it so I took a picture for the next time I work on it.  I just ordered one of these boards from Amazon.  It makes it so easy to design.  I had tried a plate, but the beads roll all over the place.

Saturday was especially busy.  Heard there was going to be heavy rain on Sunday so I was up with the birds and out the door by 8:45, determined to get everything done in one day. Took care of my banking, shopped at Walgreens, picked up meats at C Town, dropped them off at the house, headed for Super Fresh for my big shopping of the month, then put everything away when it was delivered.  I did all this in a matter of 2 1/2 hours.  That 6 buses, banking, and 3 stores.  Record time.  Of course, it helped that I was lucky with the buses.  Sometimes I have to wait 20 minutes or more.  On Saturday there was no wait. 

Weather report was right.  Heavy rain Sunday morning...and it was still raining when I went to bed.   Stayed in and cooked up a bunch of meats for hubby.  Me, I'm on a salad week.  Bought everything I need to put together some delicious, healthy salads.  Took a long nap in the afternoon, but it was still not enough.  I am so tired lately.  I think it's all the gray skies we have been having.

The ringing in my ears is still there so I guess an ear cleaning didn't do the trick.  In fact, it seems a bit louder now.  Hubby said maybe the ear wax was keeping the noise down.  Who knows?

Today I'm off to classes.  Wellness and Food for Life.  Missed both of them last week with my upset tummy.  

21 comments:

  1. When I read what you do and without the benefit of a car, riding public transportation only, I am amazed at all you accomplish in one day!
    Love that "golden goddess" necklace! WOW!!!
    Gray skies sure can "zap" one's energy. Hope you get some bright sunshine soon.

    Hugs 🌞

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sun is shining brightly this morning. I am looking forward to getting out in it.

      Delete
  2. It is a good feeling to get so much accomplished. Enjoy the sun today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I always love the feeling of accomplishment....plus the fact that I don't have to cook for at least two weeks.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful necklace, and I really like that designing board.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just got the one I ordered. It's perfect.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful gold necklace! You always do such a great job creating jewelry.

    As far as how your pics with your camera come out, have you ever tried saving them in a folder on your desktop (or somewhere you wish to store them) and then using free photoshop-type app that Windows supplies? I do and I also use it to crop my pics as well. It isn't great but it helps.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is easy, just bring up your pic, click on the drop down at the top right-had side where it says "Edit & Create" then you can use the software on the left-hand side of the screen to change the colors, etc. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Forget the above comment. Thanks. I will try it.

      Delete
    2. You're welcome! If you need any help you can just message me on FB if you like. :)

      Delete
  6. Love that board. Enjoy your clasess - and salads.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know dreary skies sure pull my energy level down. One reason why AZ should be good for me now. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So much grayness here this year. One day a little sun, the next day more gray and rain.

      Delete
  8. You sound busy and there seem to be a lot of activities at the center. Is it a senior center?
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is a senior center. I love it when there are activities. I'm not one to just sit for hours and play bingo or cards. I like to learn.

      Delete
  9. What a busy Saturday! We tried to do the same thing...we didn’t want to have to deal with the rain if we didn’t want to!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sunday was our rainy day. Came down from morning to night.

      Delete
  10. lovely necklace,...

    enjoy the sunny day

    ReplyDelete
  11. You do sound busy...
    I do like your gold necklace, and simply love the sound of those salads. Yum!

    Have a good week, the days seem to go by so quickly don't they.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete