Monday, May 20, 2019

Monday Morning This and That

Good Monday morning.  The weekend is over and time to begin anew.  And such gorgeous weather.  Finally.  Got that old spring fever and finished packing away the rest of the winter clothes this weekend.  

Friday was one of those lazy days for me.  Went to the center.  No morning class anymore. Probably going to be a bit boring now that all the interns are gone.  Only a couple of classes left.   Lunch was veggie lasagna, and they make it so good I ate the whole thing....and it was a lot.  Ended up being too sleepy to make anything in jewelry class so I just sat around and socialized.  The iced coffee I bought was delicious, but did nothing to help with my energy level. 

Saturday I decided to do my food shopping.  Felt like making some soups.  The Brooklyn half marathon was on, but I looked it up, and it was nowhere around me so I figured it wouldn't effect my bus route. Wrong.  Waited 45 minutes for a bus.  Yikes!!!  But, the weather was nice and I enjoyed the fresh air.   Problem was, because I got to the store late, I was one of the later deliveries so my food arrived too late to make the soups.  Looked in the freezer and didn't have enough room to store two different soups anyway.

Saturday night when hubby went to work I tore apart my drawers, digging out all the winter and putting in the summer items that had been washed and folded on top of the dresser just waiting for a spot.  Problem was that the weather was so strange I was afraid to get rid of the winter.

Yesterday was a busy one.  Got up early and headed out to church.  Came home and made this delicious Lentil and Collard Green soup.  Yummy.

 1 can lentils, 1/2 package frozen collard greens, carrots, celery, onions, 1 can fire roasted tomatoes, 4 packs sodium free chicken broth, garlic powder, oregano, parsley, and bay leaves.

Hubby had mentioned on Saturday that we would go to Olive Garden on Sunday, but he was definitely not feeling well even though he wouldn't admit it.  He kept saying he wanted to go, but I would not enjoy my dinner knowing that he wasn't well.  Have to be so careful with his emphysema. 

So USPS has lost one of my packages.  This one was special, an autographed book that I'd really been wanting.  I had ordered the book early in May but had to wait for the author to sign it for me.  Was so happy when he did and the book was sent out.  Now, who knows where it is? 

Have a good one.  I'm off to the center for Wellness Group.

17 comments:

  1. Oh I understand about putting winter stuff away, I’m still wearing mittens here to go for walks! Your soup looks amazing, I hope your husband feels better soon and I hope they find your parcel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Hubby is feeling better today. He has mostly good days, but some bad days when he has trouble breathing as well. It worries me so much.

      Delete
  2. Changing seasons affects more than just nature...we all need to change our wardrobe to fit the season, too :)
    That lentil soup looks delicious!!!
    Sorry hubby isn't feeling well. You did the right thing by being a good wife and staying home. Sometimes we have to put our foot down.
    Hope your book turns up soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a feeling that book is lost. He probably scanned it in front of the house (the post office said it was scanned here), but was so busy on the phone that he forgot it and left it sitting in the cart. I wish I could show the video. It's obvious he doesn't know what he is doing.

      Delete
  3. I haven’t gotten around to putting away the winter clothes yet. The hot/cold season we are having has me putting off that task. It is as good an excuse as I can think of now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Today was 80 degrees. So glad I had something to wear. I was slow doing it this year because it was so rainy and cool.

      Delete
  4. Lentil and Collard Green soup, now that looks delicious.

    I will not call it lost … yet … but I do hope they can find your misplaced parcel.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you are right. I hope they do find it, but it's not looking good.

      Delete
  5. I try not to ever deal with USPS - it is either Fed Ex or UPS I will take my chances with. I hope they do find your book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Etsy and PayPal unfortunately always use USPS.

      Delete
  6. I do hope your book arrives, and that your hubby continues to feel better. I so understand that constant worry.
    Love soup, and we are moving into soup season here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are actually moving out of soup season here. But bean and vegetable soups are 0 WW points so I love to eat them...especially when scrambling to get under my goal.

      Delete
  7. Not exactly sure what we call collard greens.. some research required. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are sort of like spinach to me. They are more a Southern dish, but I love them.

      Delete
  8. "Lentil and Collard Green soup" sound yummy for me too...

    Hope, your hubby feeling well soon

    ReplyDelete
  9. That soup looks so good Mary!! Would love to have a bowl right now! I truly hope you get your book! That is too bad! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete