Thursday, May 9, 2019

Thursday Odds and Ends

This is one of my paintings.  I never really did get the knack of it, but I didn't give it much time either.  When you live in a 3 room apartment everything must be put away after use and then brought out again.  The only place I had to paint was the dining room table.  It got to be too much of a bother so I gave up.  Maybe when we move I'll have some room.


 More of my crystals.


 Family and friends in Wahlburger's at Coney Island.


The park in spring last year.  I totally forgot what was going on, but it wasn't anything for me.  Guess that's why I forgot.

A few of my friends at work.  I gave one to each of my co-workers when I retired.  When I last visited two years ago, they still had them.


Hubby came home with a calendar with great pictures.  These two I just could not part with so I framed them.  That was 27 years ago.  Still have them.

My daughter and oldest son, Tom.  Tom and I have been estranged for many years.  I do hope we find closure.  I am not getting any younger.


One of my school pictures.  I think this was first grade.


A family picture, me on the left with the big dark hair, mom, my daughter on her lap, my dad, and my granddad.  This was after my beloved grandmother had passed.

16 comments:

  1. Your painting is lovely. You are so right about needing an area where you can be creative the moment that feeling strikes. I do hope that you have your space soon.
    Love seeing your collections...very magical.
    How nice that your coworkers still have the little gifts that you gave them when you retired.
    Always love the family photos...past and present.
    Love those framed calendar pages.
    Have a beautiful day Mary 🌞🐦💮

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It just got too much for me putting the paint supplies away, then getting them out again, and so on. Beading doesn't take up so much space so sometimes I leave them on the table for the next day.

      Delete
  2. How cute is that first grade picture!!! Family photos are always the best. I've heard great things about Wahlburgers- was it tasty?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh please don't give up painting, your flower is really beautiful!
    I love your photos, old ones especially interest me. Yes, your first grade picture is so cute!😊
    I do so hope you and your son can make up. It is so sad when we become divided from those we love, isn't it? Believe me, I know!🙁

    Wishing you a magical day.

    Big Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping for a reunion with my son, I made some mistakes and have admitted to them, but he is not very forgiving.

      Delete
  4. These are some great photos. I so enjoy seeing friends pics and learning more about them. I think you should take up your painting again soon - you are far better at it than I was. I could never get the colors right, lol

    I understand what you are saying about your son. My mom is going through the same thing with my brother. Very sad and for her sake I pray he makes amends before it is too late. Keeping you in my thoughts.

    Your gemstones are lovely! I have always collected rocks and stones as a kid and now they just got more involved ... lol. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I could find the room I would paint, but we are so cramped, and I've just about given up hope of finding affordable housing. But, miracles do happen.

      Delete
  5. Sorry for the inconvenience of painting for you; you seem to have talent, but if it's not a burning passion, it just isn't. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right. It's not a burning passion. It was back then, but somehow I lost it.

      Delete
  6. You are way too critical of your painting. I would be very happy to do anything half as good.
    I am sorry about your estrangement from Tom and hope it can be resolved. Family difficulties hurt. Badly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know if it can be resolved. My mom fed him too many lies about me. All I can do is watch him from a distance.

      Delete
  7. I like your painting.

    Thanks for sharing your family photographs.
    I always think older photographs and the memories they bring are so precious.

    I was sorry to read about the estrangement from your son, maybe it can be resolved.

    Take care and enjoy the rest of your week.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do hope it can be resolved. I'd love my next holiday to be with all four of my children.

      Delete
  8. So sorry about your son and you. I just bought a small canvas I believe it 3 by 3 inches. Not sure what I will paint on it, but I think it will art abandonment piece.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love painting, just no room. Everything is so cluttered here because it's small.

      Delete