Thursday, September 25, 2014

Thursday Ramble

 Spirit flows. If your heart is feeling good, it spreads the word and before you know it your whole body feels great. 

Terri Guillemets


Good morning, everyone, and a happy Thursday it is.  I am off to see my doctor this morning and hoping to get some answers as well as have my medication changed.  Darn this BP medication. It seems I have a bad reaction to all of them.  The Lisinipril made me cough, the Amlopidine made my legs and ankles swell (although they have me back on it until I see the doctor), and now I have been reading that Losartan can cause muscle cramps (which I have) and heart palpitations. Only have myself to blame.  I always had perfect blood pressure.  Of course, that's before I began eating myself out of house and home. It was only then that my pressure went up. 

Such a rainy day out there, but nothing is going to stop me from getting out of this house today.  I've been in since Monday. I was afraid of being caught out there.  These episodes can be pretty tough to handle. Tuesday was the worst day with one episode after another.  Yesterday I changed a bit in my diet--no coffee (which surprisingly didn't bother me), during the day I ate cheese, yogurt, tuna, grapes, and for dinner I had a lean pork chop and a plate loaded with veggies.  And I must say, yesterday I did feel somewhat better.  Only had episodes whenever I stood up.

Enough of that, though.  We all have issues, and I am not going to use this blog to whine about mine.  Don't ya just love this cooler weather?  I've been sleeping like a baby.  This is my time of the year, and already I've started reading some of the Halloween short stories I purchased for my Kindle.   Staying in has given me time to catch up on my reading and enjoy some quality time with Miss Minga.  I've also spent time surfing through the cookbooks I purchased at WW and found some wonderful healthy recipes that even hubby would like. It would be so nice if he liked veggies such as broccoli and cauliflower.  They are so healthy for you, and I have some fabulous recipes.  But, alas, after 22 years with this man, I know not to waste my time and try.  

Like the other day, that cabbage I made. It was so darned good.  It didn't even taste like cabbage, but would he even taste it?  No way.  That man is so stubborn and set in his ways.  But I love him and always will.

Well, that's about it this morning.  I've got be there by 8:45 am, and I've gotten Miss Minga spoiled.  She always expects me to spend some time sitting with her before I go.  Talk to you all tomorrow.  Wish me luck.

2 comments:

  1. Tell me how this goes. And you are absolutely wrong, if you do not vent here then where. You are the less whiny blogger i know by the way.
    I have been shocked when for various reasons i had to stay off coffee and it did not bother me. ALthough there were times that it was just awful. I guess how we feel has a lot to do with how detox goes.
    Lots and lots of love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the new medication, Mary! I hope they find the perfect fit for you this time.

    ReplyDelete