Thursday, July 25, 2013

Everyday is Friday Now

One of the worst features about worrying is that it destroys our ability to concentrate.
When we worry, our minds jump here and there and everywhere, and we lose all
power of decision. However, when we force ourselves to face the worst and accept
it mentally, we then eliminate all these vague imaginings and put ourselves in a
position in which we are able to concentrate on our problem.

Willis H. Carrier 

Yesterday was the first day I ventured outdoors since my biopsy on Monday.  I was so sore all week I didn't feel much like doing anything, but yesterday was so cool and refreshing, a taste of fall, I had to get out and get some air.  The stress of waiting for results has been getting to me. All I did was take a walk to the fruit stand, but it felt good to be up and about...and it made me forget just for a little while.  Below is a picture of some of my loot...


I bought some sweet seedless black grapes, a few sugar plums, plums, and some vine tomatoes for a sandwich.  The large yellow plums are called 'King Midas Plums' while the smaller ones are called 'Honeysuckle Rose Pluots.  They are usually only available here from now until the beginning of August, not a very long time period, indeed.  They are ALWAYS very sweet. I love them.  The Pluots are crosses between plums and apricots, and they, too, are so yummy.

Death was walking toward a city one morning and a man asked, "What are you going to do there?"  "I'm going to take one hundred people," Death replied. "That's horrible!" the man said.  "That's the way it is," Death said.  "Well, we'll see about that," said the man as he hurried to warn everyone he could about Death's plan.  As evening fell, he met Death again.  "You told me you were going to take one hundred people," the man said.  "Why did one thousand die?"  "I kept my word," Death answered.  "I took only one hundred.  Worry took the rest." 

Contemporary Spiritual Story
  
How is one not to worry as the waiting game continues. I play my games, read, watch television, putter about, and now take little walks, but everytime that phone rings my heart drops and fear takes over.  I'd like to think that the old adage "No news is good news" applies here, but I highly doubt it.  My doctor knows how concerned I am.  I'm sure he wouldn't put me through needless worry, and hard as I try to stay optimistic, worry I do. 

Worry is like a rocking chair—it keeps you moving
but doesn’t get you anywhere.

Corrie Ten Boom
 

Wishing you all a wonderful, restful weekend.  If I should hear anything, I will be sure to let you know.

8 comments:

  1. Yum . . . what you purchased looks delicious!

    It's a funny thing, but there have been times that I have been so worried about something so intensely that sometimes I've felt like I could hardly breathe or just wanted to sleep, and then something takes place when I just become sick and tired of worrying, and the worry fades away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Mary, I know how draining worry can be and wish there were some magickal words I can say to rid you of worry but I know you're doing the best you can do. All I can say is cross the bridge when it comes. Sending you some blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Use the serenity prayer...every five minutes if you need to. Meditate on healing energy entering your chakras and flooding your body with white, healing light. Go outside to your park, stand with your feet on the grass, and blow the bad energy straight into the ground, several times. Let the sun and the good, green energy fill you up. Your fear and worry will be lessened. And inviting the good energy in, actively, will help no matter the prognosis. You will be okay.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear friend....I'm so sorry this is causing you such worry. I know that you know the outcome will be whatever it is....and you really have no control over it. Just stay positive as you are doing and soon things will right themselves.

    xoxoxo

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you honey!
    Soon all the worry will disappear and you will be able to relax! Sending many happy thoughts your way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sending (((hugs))) and saying a prayer Mary. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Worry is so difficult and i know it's unproductive, but i have anxiety, and it's impossible to completely let go of worry.. at least for me.

    I've been thinking of you, hoping and saying prayers and sending oodles of positive energy! Your fruit looks delicious. Sweet fresh fruit is one of the greatest pleasures of summertime. I'm glad you're savoring it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. There is nothing worse than constant worry. We are human, we worry. I believe it is in us to worry. Just try to breathe, get through the days by keeping as busy as you can, keep your faith strong.

    ReplyDelete