Friday, June 7, 2013

TGIF

Goodbyes are hard. It may be harder for the person leaving; but it's always hardest for the person being left behind. 
 Unknown


Well, another Friday rolls around, another week closer to retirement. Sometimes, the days seem to be passing so slowly, other times they just fly by. This has been a 'flying' week. That's because I have been so busy I don't even have time to think. I've begun weeding out clients to be discharged, updating charts and closing them out, as well as beginning to break the news to clients. I've managed to get through a few this week, and it hasn't been easy. In fact, a couple times, the tears were ready to flow. 

Heavy rain is on call for today.  I'm still trying to make up my mind to see if I want to go in or not today.  I've still 55 hours of sick time to take.  That's That's eight days.  There'll be three used when I get my biopsy, but that still leaves me five days to take in less than four weeks. I'll just play it by ear and see how the morning goes. 

Speaking of my biopsy, I got the medical clearance yesterday.  Now it is just a matter of  making the call and setting it up. This weekend, though, I am going to  do my best to sweep it out of my mind and enjoy my time off.  It will be a rainy Saturday, and although I have to cook, I'll still have plenty of time for rest.  Monday I will make the call.  I know this has to be done, and it will be. Right now I am just so scared. I just need this weekend for me.  I need to settle down from a busy week and bring some peace into my mind.  I need some quiet time for quiet reflection and prayer. 

Wishing you all a grand weekend. Talk to you all on Monday.

6 comments:

  1. Stay strong, be well and have a blissful weekend. Put the thoughts out of your mind for now - just concentrate on yourself and the beauty of nature.

    ReplyDelete
  2. (((Mary)))
    Enjoy your weekend, and find your center. All will be well Dear Heart...holding good thoughts and sending up prayers for you Sister/Friend! :)
    Namaste'

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Mary, you really need a temporary break from it all. Time for good books and foods to nurture you and lots of snuggling with Miss Minga. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll be thinking about you. Be good to yourself this weekend, Mary. Rainy days are good ones to slow down and reflect..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am wishing you a relaxed weekend and the best possible results as soon as the new week comes. I know in my heart of hearts you will be relieved!

    ReplyDelete