Tuesday, February 6, 2024

Our Monthly Meeting Day

Tuesday morning and the sun is still shining.  Doesn't really help to warm it up much, though.  It's only 26 degrees this morning, and yesterday was so darn windy.  Used to love the winter, but the older I get, the more I feel it in my bones.  Will be heading to the new center this morning for our monthly senior  council meeting.  This is an election year, and I was all set to give up my position, but I discovered as an officer (council secretary) I have another year to go.  Don't get me wrong.  I love being on the council.  I'm just tired of doing the minutes.  6 years of it is enough.  I'd love to be a greeter--they meet and welcome new members--and that I already do.  But, the truth is, no one wants to be secretary, and I don't want to let them down so each election I end up volunteering.  My fault.  


The senior council at the ribbon cutting ceremony for the new center.  I'm in t back in the purple sweater.  That's the director in the suit.  Very little men go to our center; hence, none are on the council.

Yesterday's lunch was boneless pork chops with peach sauce (not a favorite), mashed potatoes and mixed veggies.  Won't be eating there today.  The meeting is over about 11:15 and by the time I get to the center it would be time to eat and then go home.  I'd rather just go straight home and make myself a grilled pepper jack cheese sandwich.

Wish the new center would finally open.  We'll have our own room for the jewelry class so it won't be so cramped.  Gained two new members yesterday.  It's really hard to squeeze people in, but I'm hesitant to spread members out at other tables because, to be honest, we've had a lot of materials go missing.  It's sad that people need to steal when the materials they get are provided to them for free, but unfortunately not everyone is appreciative.  

Made the following in class yesterday.  I was busy.  I buy my own materials and don't  depend on the center.  I"ve also provided materials out of my own pocket for the class which is especially why I become angry when they steal. 



Opal



Have an awesome Tuesday.

2 comments: