Friday, February 9, 2024

Friday Roundup

A regular non eventful week.  Seems there is a lot of them lately.  Sometimes I wonder if that's something good  or perhaps it has me stuck in a rut.  Maybe I need some excitement.  Not much at my age, but a little something to stir things up which is why I am anxiously awaiting the new center.  There we will have an exercise rooms with state of the art machines, a dance room, a technology room, and art room, a health and wellness room, a pool table and a ping pong table.  And many more classes to choose from.  Frankly, I'm bored with watercolor and guoache painting.  I have always liked working with acrylics but figured I would give the two a try. Just not into it anymore. 

On Tuesday we had our monthly council meeting.  Still no news on the grand opening.  Lately those meetings are boring me, too.  Since we got a new director each meeting turns into a war of words with someone.  I turn myself off at that point.  I don't like confrontation.

Wednesday I chose to stay home.  Not much sleep the night before so I spent the morning watching Murder She Wrote while dozing off and on in my chair. 

 Lunch at the center yesterday was macaroni and cheese, brocolli, and carrots.  This is one of my favorite lunches that they serve, and I end up eating it all.   I love mac and cheese, but don't make it at home because hubby won't eat it, and it's just too much to make it for one. I wasn't very hungry when I got home, but about 5 pm my tummy started to rumble.  I thought maybe a sandwich, but my body had a bit of a chill so I decided some easy, hot, and spicy.


Healthy dinner last night. Stir fried veggies in chili sauce (nice and spicy) served over brown rice with sliced tomato on the side. Blueberries for dessert.  

Have a wonderful weekend.


2 comments:

  1. The new centre sounds great. I hope the grand opening is soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A few blueberries for dessert, perfect with a little helping of double (heavy) cream.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete