Saturday, February 17, 2024

Bored With Food?

 The other night we ordered out from our favorite Dominican restaurant.  I usually order the roast chicken but decided on something different so I ordered the ribs they are famous for.  I wasn't happy.  It wasn't that the ribs didn't taste good, they were delicious.  I am just bored with food at the present time. I mentioned this to Ralph and he got all upset thinking I was ill.  But, no, it's not that I don't want to eat.  I want something different. A different restaurant, maybe.  Not the same one we have been using for years.  

And the food at the center?  I once loved it, but now I'd prefer a Lean Cuisine.  Totally boring.  For example, last Monday we had Italian chicken, gondulas and rice, and mixed veggies.  Next time they make Italian chicken, they will have it with the same sides.  This goes on month after month after month.  Every meal is always the same.  In the above example why not make Italian chicken, mashed taters, and string beans once in awhile, or maybe with a nice pasta.  Why not alternate the sides?  That would make a big difference. 

And sometimes they don't even make it pretty.  

Not very appealing, is it?  Everything the same color. It is supposed to be stir fried chicken with brown rice.  

This is supposed to be chili with cheese.  I won't even say what it looks like.  

And we are supposed to eat that slop.  I don't know what happened.  Same cooks, but the food has gotten terrible.  No love put into it.  It's become nothing more than a paycheck to them.


So last night I made something completely diffent for myself.  A bean dish with homemade potato salad and tossed baby lettuce with olive oil and Balsamic vinegar. 
 

Ingredients in the bean dish are: a combination of navy, lima, pinto and kidney beans,  crumbled bacon, tomato sauce, garlic, mustard, chili powder, black pepper and a little apple cider vinegar.

2 comments:

  1. Definitely experiment with new restaurants in the neighbourhood and new recipes at home. I get tired of the "same old, same old" too sometimes. And maybe provide some constructive feedback to the Centre via their suggestion box, if they have one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good to try out new recipes and tastes sometimes.
    I like Debra's suggestion of the feedback via a suggestion box, if they do have one!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete