Thursday, April 2, 2020

Thursday Notes

Good morning everyone.  It's Thursday and looks to be a quiet day for me.  Every day is quiet, actually, so I don't even know why I said that.  Lately, one day has been the same as the previous one so there are times I even forget what day it is, but that looks like it's going to change.

I love the fact that the center is offering us classes.   Yesterday I had some fun. Participated in Game Day in the morning. Was so good to see my friend, Eletra. Tried the meditation class but he just couldn't get it going. Kept going in and out and when he finally got it working, 1/2 hour into it, I couldn't hear a word he was saying so I left. Later I participated in the Tai Chi class which would have been awesome if everyone had listened and muted their television sets. One person even got a phone call in the middle of it. Hoping next week is better.

I'm also going to check into what Silver Sneakers has to offer online.  And then there are my union Zumba classes which I have yet to participate in.  



 So, they say the next few weeks are going to be the worst here in New York.  We're heading towards the peak.  Scary times ahead.   Please keep us in your prayers.

13 comments:

  1. So nice that you at least tried what the center is trying to offer.
    Hope it works out better next time.
    Social distancing is a necessity in our lives in this terrible time.
    Keep praying at your lovely altar.
    I believe that your governor is one of the best. I watch him on MSNBC. He is calm, informative and caring.
    Hugs and Prayers
    Keep Safe 🌷🐦

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is wonderful and has really risen to the occasion. He tells it like it is plus some human qualities such as love and support.

      Delete
  2. I am in love with your altar of Marys!!
    I keep seeing the map and it is scaring me. So many neighborhoods with high rates of cases. My hometown of Greenpoint being up there in the highest bracket. One of my cousins is in Flushing, which looks high as well, not sure about Kew Gardens where another cousin is.

    May the Blessed Mother keep you and all those you love safe and healthy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is frightening here. It's one time I wish I didn't live here.

      Delete
  3. Don't believe our senior place is offering anything. There just closed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Check online though. Lots of places are offering things.

      Delete
  4. I am so glad that the centre is continuing to try and support you.
    Stay well, stay safe. I will hold you and yours in my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your altar is lovely. It's nice that your center is offering still offering some classes. Things will get better as everyone becomes accustomed to a different way of doing things.

    Take care.

    Susie D.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it is excellent that the centre is continuing to try and offer support and online help with classes etc.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. The entire world is in my prayers!
    I think it's excellent the centre is offering support online!
    Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete