Friday, April 3, 2020

Friday Roundup

Well, another Friday has arrived.  The end of another week of social distancing.  Hubby is getting less antsy now and taking this very, very seriously.  We do have to go out today.  We have to hit the drive through bank to pay our rent.  Then a quick stop at Rite Aid, the only store I actually feel safe in.  They take social distancing very seriously.  Only 5 people allowed inside at a time, and everyone has 15 minutes to shop.  We line up 6 feet apart outdoors and as someone leaves, another is allowed in.  Some lady came the last time and started griping about it, but I am thankful they are doing it.  The CVS down the street from them offers no protection.  Despite it all, I am still very, very afraid to step out, but it's the only way this going to get done.

Amazing what one can do with a pound and a half of ground beef. Made some Salisbury steak, meat sauce, and this black bean chili with corn for tonight's dinner. Going to top it with Mexican cheese. Yum!!!

My favorite way to eat a bologna and swiss sandwich...with chips and lots of mustard.

So after we run our essential errands today we're going to hunker down and ride the next few weeks out.  They say the peak will hit within the next couple of weeks.  Say a prayer for NYC.

15 comments:

  1. That store is doing the right thing. All others should be forced to do the same.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They should but they don't. And not only that, they are constantly sanitizing everything.

      Delete
  2. Stay safe, you two! All eyes are on NY.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The store is doing what needs to be done.
    Some people don't know how to accept change even when it is for their own good.
    Your recipe sounds and looks yummy.

    Stay Safe. Praying for you and your family and all of us 🌷

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. And you and yours stay safe as well.

      Delete
  4. I am so glad you have a store which takes the safety of their customers and staff safely.
    Stay well, stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The store is doing the right thing.
    We all have to take care, it is for the good of us all.

    Thinking of you, stay well and stay safe.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I won't shop anyplace else right now.

      Delete
  6. We had to go out to do errands too.
    Pharmacy to pick up meds, grocery to pick up an online order.
    I have been shocked and amazed at the amount of people packed into the
    grocery stores like Albertson's and Walmart! It's like it's just another day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mary, I am sure glad that you and your hubby are still well and safe from that virus!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad you're both staying safe in these scary times.😊😊
    I know exactly where you are coming from...it is worrying to just go to the stores. Most of ours here are being pretty strict...only allowing a person in as one comes out. But people are becoming frayed a bit, and some are quite aggressive to the staff.🙁
    I go out only once a week to buy food.
    Speaking of which...your meal looks absolutely delicious! I hope you enjoyed!!

    Have a good Sunday.

    Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stay safe. Stay healthy. I feel very uneasy going to the grocery store these days also. Our stores are not as careful as they might be and neither are the employees and other shoppers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Please keep safe! We've been seeing New York on the news a lot!
    We are doing the social distancing in stores too and I think it's great!
    I have to admit, your sandwich made me hungry! LOL! I have never put chips on my bologna! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete