Friday, April 24, 2020

Checking in

It's been rough here.  Very rough.  I cannot begin to tell you about the pain one feels when one loses a child.  I miss him so very much.  I cry every day although a little less than the first few days.  And then, a few days after my son's death, my daughter was diagnosed with covid.  My heart sank.  To lose one child hurts so much, but to lose two?  I couldn't bear to think of it.  Fortunately, it's 7 days now, and each day we see some improvement.  

My center is offering online classes on Zoom which are really helpful.  Through them I am also meeting with a grief counselor every Thursday afternoon.  It surprised me how much there is to heal.  Old traumas that I thought were closed, were actually lurking deeply within my soul.  So that has been helpful in many ways.  I do have several friends from the center who I chat with on the phone every day. 

The other day I received this amulet I had ordered in the mail, and it broke me down in tears.




There has been some issues with family and an old friend, but I won't burden you with that now.  Tomorrow is another day.  Hope you all are safe and well.  I've missed my Blogger family.

15 comments:

  1. I am sending oceans of caring your way.
    And yes, I would have been incredibly moved (and wept) at the note included with your amulet.
    Look after yourself and take all the time you need.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I appreciate your friendship and support.

      Delete
  2. I'm not good with words when it comes to someone's loss, which is why I didn't comment earlier. All I can say, is that my heart goes out to you, Mary, and that my heart goes out for your daughters safety.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Lon. I never know what to say either. I appreciate you as a friend.

      Delete
  3. I hope your daughter recovers soon from the virus. I'm glad you're receiving grief counselling and maintaining contact with family and friends. Big hugs to you, Mary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. The counseling is helping. I am so thankful for it.

      Delete
  4. Bless you. I lost a grandchild and that was hard enough but to lose your own child...heartbreaking and gut wrenching. I am so glad you are working through all of this and I am praying your daughter recovers fully. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I appreciate your support.

      Delete
  5. I am so pleased you are able to receive counselling.
    I also think it's important to keep in contact with family and friends.

    Praying for you and your family and your daughters recovery.

    My good wishes.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your prayers. Your support means a lot to me.

      Delete
  6. Big Healing Hugs Mary! I hope your daughter recovers soon! I am very pleased that you are receiving counselling!! Please take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I jumped on it when they asked if I wanted it.

      Delete
    2. Mary, my lovely friend, my thoughts and prayers are with you everyday. I always check to see if you have posted so that I know you are well.
      I am so sorry to hear that your daughter now has this terrible disease. My prayers are with you and your family always.

      Hugs and Stay Safe My Friend 🌷

      Delete
  7. Many positive thoughts for you and your family. I hope your daughter continues to do well.

    ReplyDelete