Tuesday, April 7, 2020

I open the refrigerator and Ralph has 2 Entemann's chocolate cakes, a marble pound cake, pound cake minis, mini pies, and chocolate chip cookies....and I confess, I have been eating them as well. For fruit I've been having canned and applesauce.  Last night I got the urge for fresh fruit and did some research and discovered the place right down the block from me, Circus Fruits, will take your order and deliver it to you. However, when I called to see what the minimum order was they said $50. $50!!!!!!! Are they kidding?

We are in a pandemic and as vulnerable citizens, must stay indoors. Who on earth eats $50 worth of fruit unless you have a lot of children. You would think at a time like this, with many people unable to work or get out of the house, they would lower that minimum. I wasn't going to ask for delivery of $5 for sure, but my goodness I am right down the block and would spend at least $25 in fruits and fresh veggies.

Tried the other fruit stand about 8 blocks away.  Turns out the delivery service they work with doesn't come to our zip code.  Odd, because we are so darn close to the store.  Sent a message to the store itself and advised them they need a new delivery service.  They thanked me for letting them know and advised that he would have someone deliver to me but...60 per cent of his workers are out sick.   Hubby had wanted to go over there on Friday to get an avocado, but I talked him out it because a lot of the Orthodox Jews who are not practicing social distancing go there.  I thank God that I did.

Tried Fresh Direct.  No deliveries through next week.   No deliveries for Whole Foods.  And I am not going out there so I might as well forget any fruit until I call in my order to Super Fresh next week.

Meanwhile, this was dinner from the Department of Aging last night.

It was delicious.   Best meal I got from the yet.

2 comments:

  1. Apart from the fresh fruit dilemma, sounds like you're eating well! That's good. Keeps the immune system up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sigh on the fruit and vegie front. Yay for the meals you ARE getting.

    ReplyDelete