Monday, June 30, 2014

Monday Morning This and That

 “I couldn’t imagine living in a state that didn’t reach the ocean. It was a giant reset button. You could go to the edge of the land and see infinity and feel renewed.” 

Avery Sawyer

Wow, another Monday already?  Not complaining though.  Had a nice peaceful weekend.  Went to the fruit stand early on Saturday hoping to avoid the crowds, but, I swear, there is no quiet time to shop there.  Haven't seen it at 3 am, but I have passed by a midnight, and the place was still hopping.  Came home and made myself a banana, strawberry, and peach smoothie.  Yummy to the last drop.


Also bought myself three of my favorite fruits--Haitian Mangoes.



Finally got to Coney Island on Friday.  It was such a beautiful day. The sun was shining, the humidity low.  It was perfect day for the beach. 

I had to have a Nathan's Chili dog for lunch.  Heck, I haven't had a frank in over a year.  I haven't had a frank in over a year, and it sure did taste good.  Actually, it tasted like another one, but I was good.  If it was only my weight I was concerned with I probably would have had the second one, but I've got to worry about my blood pressure, and franks are very high in sodium.


For dessert I had some soft chocolate ice cream.  Yummy.  It's been a long time since I had ice cream as well, and I ate every last drop of it.



Do you remember awhile back when I mentioned the old Chinese lady across the street who waits with me while I wait for the bus to take me to Church on Sunday?  Well,  she was out there yesterday, and I snapped a couple of photos. 

Poor thing.  I hate to think of her cramped up all winter in that dark, dingy basement apartment. 

I am going to sign up for a new class that the union offers, and it is completely free.  'Chi Gong' is a healing art that aims to increase the body's healthy energy.  Classes are held on Monday mornings so I will not be able to attend the Center, but I think this will be good for me.  Not only has healing taken center stage at this time of my life, but I tend to get bored with the Center when I attend it every day.  I will probably begin my classes next week.  I'll be sure to let you know how it goes.

Well, that's about it for today.  Have to eat breakfast and get ready to mosey on down the road.  I have a few pictures of Coney to share tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. Glad you had fun at Coney Island! Chi Gong sounds like a great idea too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonder why she's sitting on the sidewalk. I'd be sitting on those stairs.
    A dish of ice cream sounds good right now. It's time to whine about the heat. :0)
    Glad you had a good weekend Mary.
    (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Qigong is wonderful for your mind and body! We teach it here at my yoga studio (in Atlanta) and it is becoming more popular as people learn the health benefits.
    CLM

    ReplyDelete