Friday, June 27, 2014

Friday Roundup

 Weekends are a bit like rainbows; they look good from
a distance but disappear when you get up close to them.
 
John Shirley



Well, it's weekend time again, and so far, according to the forecast, it looks like we're in for some nice weather. Time to get out and enjoy.  Speaking of enjoying, it's hard to be leave that we are nearing the July 4th holiday. That's an extra special day for me.  On that day, it will be five years since I had a cigarette, my own personal Independence Day, so to speak.

Spent most of yesterday on my heating pad and trying out the various gadgets I was gifted with.  Aside from some relief from the heating pad and the compact hammer massager which alleviated the pain for a few hours, I didn't see much in the way of relief from the other stuff.  Guess it is just not realistic to expect instant results. I'm also hoping that the eden wand will help with my blood pressure as well.   Meanwhile, I do intend on going to Coney today.  Yes, I still have some pain but I think an Aleve and being careful with my steps will do the trick. At least I hope they do. Needless to say, if I should get over there and find I am in too much pain to make it home, I can always call hubby to pick me up.  But, I refuse to think negative.  Everything will be fine.

So, what of your plans for the weekend?  Anything special on the agenda?

Have fun  and stay safe.  See you all on Monday.


2 comments:

  1. Should be gathering up clothes and food to bring up to the campgrounds, but here I sit.
    Ed and I have decided that next year we won't pay for a seasonal (6mo's) site. He wants to take the motorhome out on the road and go different places.
    Sounds good to moi!
    Have a gr8 weekend Mary and if the sun shines thru those dang trees on our site, I'll be happy. Other wise, you will find me as close to the campfire as I can get or walking the dogs where the sun can shine on me.
    Did I say that we are in the woods. ;0)
    (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a long weekend here because of the July 1st Canada Day holiday. I'm going to get my kitchen ship-shape, I swear! The chaos is getting to me.

    ReplyDelete