Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Chimichurri Sauce



I'm tired of eating the same old things, and now that I no longer have my rice, pasta, and potatoes on such a regular basis, I have been looking for ways to dress my meats up.  I was lucky to come across a recipe for this classic Argentinian sauce. This green sauce is used on meats and poultry, and boy, does it ever taste good.  It is awesome.  Here is the recipe:

1/2 cup  chopped parsley
1 tablespoon chopped oregano leaves
2 large basil leaves (chopped)
2 green onions, chopped
4 cloves of garlic, chopped
1/2 teaspoon salt(to taste)
1/4 teaspoon black pepper (to taste)
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 1/2 tablespoons lime juice
1/2 to 1 cup olive oil

Chop all ingredients and place everything  in  a blender or food processor and pulse until blended.  Pour into bowl.  Place a dollop over chicken or steak.  Yummy for the tummy!!!!





    1 comment:

    1. Mmmm that does sound good. I have been making creative salads to jazz my low carb meals up lately.

      ReplyDelete