Monday, May 19, 2014

Monday Morning This and That


"The year's at the spring
And day's at the morn;
Morning's at seven;
The hillside's dew-pearled;
The lark's on the wing;
The snail's on the thorn;
God's in His heaven -
All's right with the world!"

 Robert Browning

Happy Monday to all.  What a wonderful weekend.  The weather was just perfect.  Too bad I had so many in-house things to do, but I did try to get out for a short while.  On Saturday I headed out to the fruit stand.  Made sure I walked nice and slow so I could savor every moment of it.  I bought a load of healthy eats including ...watercress, tomatoes, cucumbers, brocolli, apricots, red velvet apricots, strawberries, and red flame grapes (oh so sweet).



I also bought the ingredients for my basic sofrito...



 And this is the finished product.



I pour it into small containers and freeze.  Saturday I made five so it should be about five weeks before I have to make it again.  When cooking, all I need do is put a spoonful in the pot and add whatever other seasonings I want.  It is a lot of work, but it saves me from having to chop every time I cook. 

It was also a de-cluttering weekend. I went through all my costume jewelry piece by piece and sorted out what I plan to give away.  I was ruthless, to say the least.  And then, I pulled out a few bags of hubby's things and set them right down in front of him.  Guess what?  He actually sorted through them and took two huge bags to the Goodwill.  That is a great start.  

I also did my ironing, enough to carry me for a few weeks, did some laundry, and swept and mopped the floors.  On Sunday I went to Church and returned home to do some reading.  I found a free book about natural treatments for arthritis.  It is no picnic dealing with both arthritis and fibromyalgia pain, especially when all the pain medications raise the blood pressure.  So I am looking into every way possible to deal with it. Any suggestions would be greatly welcomed. 


Speaking of pain, Hyland's Leg Pain PM has been a miracle cure for my nighttime muscle cramps.  I have not had a cramp since I began using it...even in my toes which had become such a regular phenomena that I dreaded going to bed. Two tasteless tablets dissolved under the tongue is all it takes. I highly recommend it to anyone who suffers from muscle spasms.  They also have one for daytime spasms, but mine are mainly a nocturnal event. 

Also started reading a new book.  Actually, it isn't exactly a new book.  I've had it for awhile.  I just decided that it was time, but more to come on that.
Wishing you all a fabulous day. 

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Hubby is de-cluttering too! I have had the fibro pain since menopause and I noticed (by accident) that eating a banana every day has greatly reduced the pain. I am assuming it's because it's rich in potassium - so I try to eat/drink things that are also high in potassium. Might be worth a try?

    ReplyDelete