Friday, May 30, 2014

Friday Roundup

Life was meant to be lived, and curiosity must be kept alive. One must never, for whatever reason, turn his back on life. 

Eleanor Roosevelt


Good morning.  And what a week it was!  During the day I kept myself busy and in the evening I immersed myself in my books, followed by a time of quiet contemplation as I struggled to come to terms with my son's NDE.  It has really opened my eyes to how fragile life really is.  One minute you are heading off to work with your friend and the next your heart has stopped, and you enter into the Otherworld. Sometimes the tears just flow as I think of how close I came to losing my youngest.  A special thanks to the trauma team that brought him back.

My son is doing well.  We all had quite a scare, and I hope what he tells me is true.  He hasn't had a cigarette in several days...or so he says, and he claims to be eating healthier. I'd wanted him to come home with me for awhile, but he refused.  So, I find myself calling him all the time just to hear his voice. His experience has also challenged  me to look into my own beliefs, but more on that later.

Today I have to run to the bank to draw out money to take care of the rent and bills.  How quickly this month passed by!  I know I have said this before, but time definitely has to slow down some.  I can't seem to catch up with it.  There is so much I want to do and just can't seem to squeeze it in.  And here I thought it would be so much easier when I was retired. 

Saturday I plan on heading to the fruit stand.  Summer fruits are hitting the shelves, and I am working hard to get myself back in shape.  Actually, I haven't been in shape for a few years now, but that is not saying I can't do it.  We can anything we want if we set our minds to it and stick to it.  That's always been my problem.  I make up my mind to do it, but a week or two down the road, I veer off in another direction.  Time to knuckle down and do it.

Well, I guess that's about it for today.  This weekend I plan on taking it easy.  After last weekend, I need some time just to have fun.  If it is nice, might even head over to Coney Island...or perhaps I will just curl up and sleep.

Have a good one.  See you all on Monday.




1 comment:

  1. Ahhh, the old how did I work and do everything I did before retirement has hit you too.
    It does that to each one of us m/f.
    The older you get the faster that damn clocks ticks too. ISYN! ;0)
    Hope your son listens to his doctor.
    My oldest can't live without being hooked up to his oxygen tank and still smokes.
    Saw him yesterday. He looks so old. :0(
    (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete