Thursday, February 13, 2014

My Newest Aquisition


Announced by all the trumpets of the sky,
Arrives the snow, and, driving o'er the fields,
Seems nowhere to alight: the whited air
Hides hills and woods, the river, and the heaven,
And veils the farmhouse at the garden's end.
The sled and traveller stopped, the courier's feet
Delayed, all friends shut out, the housemates sit
Around the radiant fireplace, enclosed In a tumultuous privacy of storm.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wow, and yet another storm has hit us, but rather than focus on the endless cold and snow, I now turn my attentions to Spring.  It is only a little over a month until it arrives, and although I know that it can still be cold in late March, at least knowing that warmth is just around the corner.  Yesterday we had no heat in the morning, but I am blessed to have landlords who care. Within hours the furnace was fixed. 

Meanwhile, I am still battling this cold.  As miserable as I feel, I am glad it stayed a head cold and didn't hit my chest...but then again, since I've stopped smoking, colds don't really settle in my chest anymore.  At first sniffle and sneeze, I start rubbing the old Vicks on my chest. 


This is my newest acquisition. Our Lady of Fatima. This piece really looks so much more beautiful when viewing in person. I really have to stop this, though.  Not only do I not have the money, but I am also running out of room.  I'm such an addictive personality.  But, I couldn't resist.  I've admired this piece in the window for weeks now. The first time I stood admiring her some woman stopped, and said "Isn't she beautiful?" Oh, yes she was, so beautiful that each week I was drawn back to that window until finally I gave in. She was only $13, and I wasn't going to be happy until I bought her, but I figure now it is time to start walking on the other side of the street when I go to church.

May she bring peace and unity into the world.

 Dear Lady of Fatima,
We come on bended knee,
To beg Your intercession,
For peace and unity.

Dear Mary, won't You show us,
The right and shining way,
We pledge our love and offer You,
A Rosary each day.

You promised at Fatima,
Each time that You appeared,
To help us if we pray to You,
To banish war and fear.

Dear Lady, on First Saturdays,
We ask Your guiding hand,
For grace and guidance here on earth,
And protection for our land.


3 comments:

  1. She really IS beautiful! Sometimes we have to indulge ourselves when something really calls to our spirit. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's magnificent! I don't blame you a bit for wanting her in your home. :). But i would do.the same as you and walk on the other side of the street. My personality is much like yours, but with books. Sometimes i can't have enough. I need to use the library mire often. :)

    I'm glad you're keeping warm in the cold, Mary! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete