Friday, February 28, 2014

Friday Round Up



Be in the habit of getting up bright and early on the weekends.
Why waste such precious time in bed?

Marilyn vos Savant




Good morning everyone, and a happy Friday to all.  I remember how I used to look forward to Friday when I was working.  Yesterday I did not go to the Center.  I started out to go, got on the bus, but ended up staying on the bus and running some errands instead.  It was really cold out yesterday, but it is actually quite invigorating when you are dressed for it. 

While I was at it, I stopped into the bank to check my balance.  My pension money had finally been released.  I ran out and bought myself a new lipstick to celebrate. However, after I got home and added up the monies, I saw that the monthly amount was half than what they had originally told me.  I then remembered that sometimes they do not release the retrograde money all at once and did the figures for what they owed me for 2013 only.  That added up properly, but, needless to say, I'm going to place a call to find out what is going on. 

I really tried hard this week to get back on track with my diet.  I've cut down on the starches and fill my plate with veggies instead.  As far as snacking goes, I have to admit, I've not done so well with that.  I've lots of snack foods in the house and promised myself that I will buy no more once they are done.  I only wished I could find some winter fruits that I really love.  I have my pineapple each night, grapes, and occasionally will find some nice strawberries.  It gets kind of boring.

Today is my mom's birthday.  She would have been 87 years old.  We never had much of a relationship, and for that I am so sorry.  I wish we had given each other more of a chance, but as I sit back now and think about it, I am more like Barbara than I thought.  My mom, too, resented me not only because I looked like my father, but also because she blamed me for her staying in a loveless marriage rather than spend her life with her one true love.  I have forgiven her, though, and I understand her pain. 

So, I will light a special candle and write her a letter telling her about all the new things that happened in my life this year as well as some of the fond memories that have cropped up this year. Not all in my childhood was bad, and it took me a long time to realize that, yes, there were some good  memories as will.  Then, I will burn it and send it out into the Universe.

Goodbye seems forever
Farewell, the end
But in my hearts a memory
And there you'll always be. 

From "The Fox and the Hound"

Happy Birthday, Mom.  I will love you forever.

4 comments:

  1. Diet's are hard to stick with. I need to get back on mine again. I've had pretty good luck with the low carb diet's once I make up my mind to go with it. Gi Gi usually helps by switching to what I'm eating.
    I usually have to just throw out all the snack food, so it doesn't tempt me. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like it will be a contemplative day for you. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like a wonderful idea, Mary. Thoughtful days are healthy. :). Many hugs from across the miles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you tried freezing grapes. Yummy!!!
    Happy Birthday to your mom.
    (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete