Tuesday, November 26, 2019

Tuesday Ramble

Good morning.  My busy week has begun.  Did all my last minute food shopping on Sunday and despite my list, forgot a few items.  How could I forget my turnips?  Have had turnips on Thanksgiving since I was a little girl and definitely not going to do without them.  After the center today I'm going to head to the store to pick them up.  

Yesterday I ran to the 99 cent store after the center for take home bowls and new bowls for serving.  

This is me on the bus during flu season.  Can't be too careful.

Saturday afternoon I kept my promise and went to sell raffles at the play. I helped raise enough for a $50 prize and $50 to benefit the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. They also made money on the charge to get in and selling donuts and coffee. In all, they made $500.  Not bad.  As for the play itself?  Let's just say I give them all a lot of credit for getting up there and performing, but I'm sure glad I dropped out. Not a one of them could carry a tune so I probably would have fit in very well. LOL

Here is a few pictures of the play.  I didn't take many because I was busy video taping so I could show some peers who couldn't make it.






And here they were driving me nuts about getting a black skirt and white blouse before I backed out.  If you notice, there are very little black and white outfits.  I would have spent that money for nothing.

Have a wonderful day.

9 comments:

  1. Oh my, out of tune is embarrassing. You made the right decision but good for the others who tried.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, at least the play was a good money raiser, thanks to your efforts! I like turnips well enough too, but I only ever seem to eat them once a year. Yes, at Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are indeed busy - and how lucky that you made the decision to opt out.
    Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds to me like a fun time for everyone - those who perform and those that think "thank goodness I didn't".

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was a decent amount raised for the Leukaemia and Lymphoma Society

    All the best Jan

    PS Happy Thanksgiving Wishes :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stopping by to wish you a happy thanksgiving.
    I am so grateful for your friendship.

    Sounds like the fundraiser was a success and fun time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you so much my friend. It's been several years now for us. I am grateful for you as well.

      Delete
  7. How nice that you raised money like that! Glad you dropped out--I have done that on occasion, too, when I was roped into something I didn't really want to do.
    I hope you have a great post Thanksgiving week. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete