Friday, November 8, 2019

Friday Roundup

Happy Friday everyone.  Gosh, these weeks are passing quickly.  Just realized I haven't posted since Monday.  Sorry about that.  Time has been getting away from me.  It's cold out there this morning.  Only 33 degrees.  Brrr!!!  But I like this cold weather.  So much better than the heat.

As far as the week goes, nothing out of the ordinary. Wellness group on Monday.  Have to stay away from it for awhile.  No changes.  Certain people are still being allowed to change the topic and monopolize the conversation.  I'll just spend the time working on my new addiction--adult dot to dot.

Nothing Tuesday aside from socialization and lunch. Meditation and Reiki on Wednesday.  I always feel so good when I leave there--rested and relaxed.

We made this pasta salad in cooking class yesterday. Deee-licious. Pasta, cucumber, grape tomato, black olives, red onion, chick peas, red pepper, green pepper, mozzarella, basil, and parsley. Dressing: Balsamic vinegar, olive oil, lemon juice, honey, black pepper, and white pepper.

Took this picture through the small window built in next door.  It's actually much messier than it appears in this photo.  They still haven't been back to work.  They were there a couple of days, but all they did was build those little wooden boxes.

My granddaughter is still subject to headaches and vertigo, but she is taking better care of herself which is important.  Before her stroke she was working full time as a nurse, taking care of three small children, cooking elaborate meals, taking care of the housework, etc.  Now she needs some 'me time' to heal. 

So glad the cats have found another way to get back here for food. They are so resourceful. The other day there was about 5 of them out here. I won't worry so much if I don't see them back there for a day or two because I know they won't starve if I don't get to feed them. Was talking to a neighbor yesterday and it turns out that there are 5 of us in this building feeding them--myself and my neighbor in our courtyard, her daughter and another woman feeds them up front, and the super's mother feeds them in the back. No wonder they are so chunky.

Other than that, I'd like to take this time to wish you all a wonderful weekend.

8 comments:

  1. You sure are a busy lady but it works for you :)
    I am so pleased that your granddaughter is better and that she is changing her lifestyle to benefit her health. She is still in my prayers each night as are you and the family.
    I wonder why the construction company put up those walls. It looks so congested in the photo.
    Always nice to know that the fur babies are doing well and won't starve this winter 🐈

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your continued prayers. Means a lot. I wondered the same thing. Why do they seem to be building an enclosure for the CAT? Strange.

      Delete
  2. You are very, very busy.
    Wednesdays sound really good.
    And good to hear about the cats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need that meditation and Reiki. It slows me down.

      Delete
  3. The salad does look tasty.
    Meditation and Reiki sound very relaxing.
    Good to read that your grand-daughter is taking care, continued healing wishes for her.

    Hope your weekend has been good, the days seem to pass by so quickly.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete