Monday, November 4, 2019

Monday This and That

Good Monday morning.  Hope you all had a wonderful weekend.  I had a restful one.  It was time play catch up on sleep.  My granddaughter is home, still not feeling up to par.  Her blood pressure is under control, but she is still suffering from headaches, vertigo, and weakness.  She is doing her best to think positive. 

Thursday's cooking class focused on sweets. 

We made these delicious little open faced apple pies, and they were so delicious and easy to make that I plan on adding them to my Thanksgiving menu.  We used the canned Pillsbury biscuits.  Flattened them out a bit and topped with apple pie filling and smashed granola bar mixed with cinnamon and brown sugar.  (They got a little beaten up on the ride home.)

On Saturday I stayed in, did a little cleaning, wrapped a few gifts, and worked on my Thanksgiving menu.  


Made a nice sugarless and spicy meat sauce on Saturday.  Mixed it with the pasta so hubby wouldn't know he was eating whole wheat pasta.

How was your Halloween?  Didn't get a Friday post in last week.  Mine was quiet.  Got out my old photo album, lit a few candles, and spent some time honoring my ancestors.  As usual, by the time I got done talking to them, the tears were flowing.

Gosh, I think I was 15 or 16.  Really thought I was glamorous. 

On Sunday I put some money on my card and picked up a few things at the store.  Stopped for a few to watch the marathoners.  I swear, I don't know how they do it.  

Have a wonderful day.



22 comments:

  1. Glad to hear your granddaughter is home again. What a close call she had.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely. She really has to take care of herself.

      Delete
  2. How sad and worrying it must be for your granddaughter and your family. Hopefully, as time goes by, treatment will come along that will alleviate her condition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice weekend. Good to hear your granddaughter is doing better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She continues to rest. Hoping she gets back to normal.

      Delete
  4. I do hope your granddaughter continues to improve.
    Wrapping gifts? I haven't bought any yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope Grand daughter improves. The gift you wrap was it a Christmas or Birthday.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It was for Christmas. I am just about done.

      Delete
  7. My thoughts are with your granddaughter!

    I chuckled at you having to mix the sauce with the pasta to hide the fact that it is while wheat! He didn’t have a clue did he?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. No, he did not have a clue.

      Delete
  8. I do hope your granddaughter continues to improve... continued prayers.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love pasta...yummy
    Hope, your granddaughter will be getting better and better

    # You look so pretty at young ages....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad to hear that your granddaughter is home and beginning to improve. What a scary thing to go through!

    Your food looks yummy! I haven't started gift wrapping yet - will probably do some on Black Friday when I take down the Halloween tree decorations and ornaments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Black Friday Halloween comes down and Christmas goes up.

      Delete
  11. You WERE glamorous!! Gorgeous picture. I like to buy wheat pasta because you really cant tell once you add the sauce. I also use ground turkey tacos and spaghetti because you cant tell its not beef and its healthier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. If I try to tell hubby that he wouldn't believe me, so I just hide it.

      Delete
  12. Love your photos Mary!
    You were as glamorous as any movie star and you are still very lovely.
    I do hope that your granddaughter is still improving. She and you and your family are in my prayers everyday.
    Big Hugs~ Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I remember that day well. Really thought I was a star. Thank you for your prayers.

      Delete