Monday, November 18, 2019

Monday Morning This and That

Good morning.  Been a very busy weekend for me and more busy times ahead. 

On Thursday we made pretzels in our cooking class.  They came out so good.  We dipped them in a cheese sauce.
She typed up the recipes for us, and I tried to get as good a photo as I could.  Definitely easy, cheap, and fun to make.

On Friday I went to jewelry class but just sat around socializing.  Already have too many gifts made and need a break.  Giving some to a peer whose church does gift boxes for the poor that are sent around the world.  

On Saturday I made a trip to WW to learn more about the new program.  Yup, they are changing again.  That's just it.  Too many changes.  I started there 4 years ago and since that time have been through 4 different programs.  Change is one thing, but so many times?  Not a happy camper and not sure if I will return.  Did a bit of shopping and then returned home to wrap gifts.

On Sunday I woke up late.  Finally caught up on a little sleep.  Went to put some money on my card, then went to pick up some cold cuts and tuna for lunches and a few other items needed.  Came home and sorted what I was going to bring to the center for the gift boxes and wrapped some of the other little earrings and stuff I had.   I will definitely be done before Thanksgiving. 

The adults in mine and hubby's family are getting a bottle of wine.  I order my sneakers online at place called Mason's EasyPay.  You can buy a pair of good sneakers and make easy payments rather than pay all up front.  So I've been a customer of theirs about two years now, and in the box was a voucher for $100 off an orders from Naked Wines that was over a hundred dollars.  So I ordered a case of mixed wines that ended up costing me only $84.  Not bad for 12 bottles of wine.  I'm adding a box of candy with my gifts.  Hubby can do what he wants with his.

I'm off to the center this morning.  Going to be a busy week.  Hope to find some time post about the Thanksgiving party at the center on Tuesday.

Until then, have a good one.


Wrapping

8 comments:

  1. You've been a busy bee! Good score on that gift wine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A perfect gift for everyone. I sure did score on that one.

      Delete
  2. You are amazingly active and this is a good thing.
    You sure have it together girl :)
    I still have so many gifts to buy and wrap.
    Wine sounds like a nice idea for gifts.
    WW is getting crazy changing all of the time.
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's going to be a very active time for me, especially this week.

      Delete
  3. That is a lovely thing you are doing with your jewelry. Just think how happy someone will be when they open up a package and see what you have made.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I felt good giving all those earrings to her, and she was very appreciative.

      Delete
  4. recipe sound for delicious food

    So are so busy …..

    ReplyDelete
  5. You keep so busy and active … it's great!
    Hoping you've had a brilliant week, it doesn't seem possible that it's Friday tomorrow.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete