Monday, November 25, 2019

Monday Morning This and That

Good morning everyone.  Been awhile since I posted so lots to say.  A few of us stopped attending the Wellness Group on Monday since it has turned into a place for one person to air all their problems.  Never stays on topic so I and three of my friends stopped going.  Doesn't bother me at all.  I enjoy chatting with my friends more than listening to one person whining about all their woes.

On Tuesday we had our Thanksgiving/birthday party.  Oh, so much fun.  We had a new D Jay who was so much better than the last one.  Awesome time was had by all.

My friend Mark.  Doesn't look like he is 70.  He's got lots of issues right now.  Going through a divorce and his wife it trying to take him for everything he's got. 

Maureen.  She does a lot for charities.

This is Sylvia.  She looks grumpy but she's not.  She's 97 years old and has some great stories to tell.  Turns out she and her hubby had a summer house not far from where I grew up. Small world.

In the background with the white hair and eye patch is Henry, 96.  Once that music starts he's on his feet and doesn't sit down until it is over.  Puts me to shame.

 My friend, Judy.  She has the nicest smile.

And a delicious meal as well.  Turkey, stuffing, sweet potato, collard greens, pineapple, and apple juice.  Yummy.

On Wednesday I was starting to feel a bit crummy.  Throat was sore and nose beginning to run.  Wasn't sick enough to stay home and wasn't sure if it was a cold or the sinus issues I usually go through when the heat comes on for winter....and we have had way too much of it.  Actually still use my fan and even the AC on occasion.  

On Thursday we had our cooking class and made a delicious butternut squash dish.  Our last cooking class. Peeled and chopped and cubes and steam cooked in the oven. The dish was topped with assorted nuts chopped and brown sugar and cinnamon. First time I had butternut squash and it was pretty good.  We made so much of it that a lot was put away for Meals on Wheels.  Our center sends out 675 meals a day.


Slept in on Friday and stayed home. Been having a lot of difficulty sleeping, only a couple hours a night, and it all caught up to me....that and my symptoms did turn out to be a cold.  Got up at 6 and went right back to bed. Got up again sipped on some echinacea tea. It wasn't  a bad cold, but coupled with a lack of sleep, I felt like crap.

I felt well enough on Saturday to keep my promise to take care of the raffle tickets during the play.  More on the play tomorrow.

9 comments:

  1. What a busy week you had and then a cold on top of it! I hope it's mostly gone by now. You hang out with a wild group of people!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. l love the people I met. I've learned so much from them.

      Delete
  2. You have indeed had a busy week.
    Loved the photos of your friends.
    I often use butternut squash (which we call butternut pumpkin) but have only used it in savoury recipes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First time for me. Wasn't so easy to peel and prepare, though.

      Delete
  3. You stay so busy! And, your party looked like fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did have a lot of fun. Can't wait for the Christmas party.

      Delete
  4. If it is not fun anymore, why do it? Listening to constant complainers can get one down. It sounds like you made the right decision.

    Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One talks about her ceiling leak and another about things 20 years ago. Over and over again.

      Delete
  5. Thanks for sharing the photographs of your friends.
    Hope your cold has gone now.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete