Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Tuesday Memories

Know ye what it is to be a child? It is to have a spirit yet streaming from the waters of baptism; it is to believe in love, to believe in loveliness, to believe in belief.


Percy Bysshe Shelley


When I was growing up, two of the most important people in my life were my grandparents.  We lived with them for the first 4 1/2 years of my life, but I have very little memory of that time.


They were both older when I was born.  My grandma was born in 1881, grandpa in 1884.  She was 35 when she married grandpa on August 25, 1916.  Her son Arnold was born in 1918 and my Aunt Dot in 1921.  Grandma was 44 years old when she had my mom in 1926. 


Grandma was 66 when I was born.  She died at 82 in 1964. She never lived to see her great grandchildren. Grandpa lived to 80 years and died in 1974.  He got to meet two of his great grandchildren.


I miss them so very much.  Not a day goes by that I don't think about them.  Thank goodness for this album.  I feel joy every time I look through it.  Finding pieces of my life so long forgoteen.


Love you grandma and grandpa.

2 comments:

  1. Your post makes me think of the pagan maxim "What is remembered, lives."

    ReplyDelete