Friday, August 7, 2015

Friday Roundup




Our entire life. . . consists
ultimately of accepting
ourselves as we are.

Jean Anouilh


Good morning, all.  It's Friday,  once my favorite day of the week, but now that I am retired, every day is a favorite day.  Nothing pressing on my agenda today.  Just going to pack some lunch and head over to my favorite park for some solitude and rest. Much has been on my mind lately, and I need some downtime to recuperate.

I am still attending Weight Watchers meetings.  In fact, I told hubby the other day I haven't missed a meeting since I started in September.  Hit a few plateaus along my journey, but all in all, I have no complaints.  I've lost 39.2 pounds altogether, from 223 down to 184.  About 35 pounds to goal.  Hip, Hip, Hooray!!!  

In our meeting yesterday one of the questions asked was 'if you could go back in time and do something differently what would that be?' in regards to weight gain, that is.  And it really made me look into myself?  Why did I let myself go?  I had a perfect figure, but suddenly I didn't care.  The only thing I can think of is that food became a source of comfort for me when I stopped smoking.  All my life I've sought something.  I was a lonely child, a little girl who was teased by her peers and ignored by my parents.  As far back as I can remember I have needed something for comfort be it food, alcohol, shopping, or nicotine.  It started out with paper dolls. boxes and boxes of them.    Something to take me outside of myself.

Aside from an increase in pain, my health has improved so well that my nurse feels that next month will be my last visit.  Blood pressure was 117/70.  Perfect.  I still have to get the sonogram for the nodule in my thyroid, but with all that's going on, I can't think of that right now. I know it's important but I have to get my emotions and mental health in order before I go. 

Remember my FB stalker?  The one who was trying to friend everyone on my list and join every group I am in?  Well, I had to put her in her place, in a nice way, though.  I understand fully that she is lonely and depressed and living life vicariously through me, but come on now, it is MY life.  Never mind that you have friended my son and his girlfriend, one of my personal friends, and several of my online friends.  Never mind that you somehow watch my every move on FB.  Don't know how she does it, but someone's post could sit there all day, but 5 minutes after I comment, she has to comment and say almost the same thing.  Never mind that I find you in my astrology, my herbal, my crystal group and know that you are totally not interested in these things.  I may be uncomfortable, but I can overlook those things.  It's when my friends have to email me asking me to tell her to stop harassing them about becoming friends that I had to put the breaks on it, and tell her to 'leave my friends alone'. 

Well, that's about for now.  Much more to tell but next week will be here soon enough.  Have a wonderful weekend.



2 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!!! Tomorrow is my birthday and since my last birthday I have lost 55 pounds. I was hoping I would have lost more but considering how hard it was to snap my metabolism back to normalcy the first months I am grateful. The hardest thing for me is to accept that the weight loss process is not a continuous one. And times right now ( it has been over a week and I have not lost although I am on a very strict schedule) I get overly stressed that my thyroid went cookoo again, which is a very counterproductive thought, that many times in the past pushed me towards self destructive eating patterns. Do you handle your plateaus gracefully, with wisdom and stress free or do they completely freak you out like me? Hugs and kisses!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your weight loss. I'm struggling with that myself. You are an inspiration! Have a wonderful weekend!
    blessings
    ~*~

    ReplyDelete