Friday, October 9, 2020

Friday Roundup

Good morning, and Happy Friday to all.  I used to love this day when I was working.  Now it just means no classes until next week.  Had quite a busy week and looking forward to some rest. 

I had to run to two different banks on Monday.  Stopped to get hubby a couple of nice meats at the supermarket there.  Steaks were so much cheaper than my regular market, but they don't deliver, and meats can be a bit heavy for me to carry.  Had one afternoon class which I decided not to take.  Started coloring in the new book Coloring and Classics sent.

Have to be more careful now when I go out.  The second wave of Covid is threatening with cases picking up in the area.  Cases are rising, and we are in the orange zone.  The red zone is the most dangerous, the yellow the least.  Orange is in the middle.   It's so unfair.  I have followed the rules.  I stayed in for a month or more, wear my mask whenever I go out, even if just to go to the lobby and get my mail, and because of those selfish people with a 'me, me, me' attitude, I may end up sheltering in place again.  Not the way I planned on spending my 'golden years'.

On Tuesday I spent the morning in the kitchen cooking.  Now hubby is stocked up on meals for a few weeks.  Makes it easier on me.  Don't have to cook, wash pots, and clean the stove every single day.  I had one class in the morning.  Our new nursing interns are giving online classes.  This first one was pretty good.  It was about bone health.  Took a nice little nap in the afternoon.

On Wednesday I had my favorite class, Game Day.  We had so much fun.  I had picked up some eggplant parm when I went shopping Tuesday and had half of it left.  Had that with a nice salad for dinner. 

Yesterday the nurses gave  a class on protecting ourselves from falls, and afterwards I stayed on because I had volunteered to be interviewed by the students.  Yikes!!!  Little did I know it would be 2 1/2 hours.  Totally wore me out.  Had my bi-weekly grief counseling session at 1pm, and she remarked that I looked tired.  I told her she'd be tired too if she'd been staring at a computer screen for two hours.  Treated myself to a yummy dinner last night.

Chicharrones.  Not the healthiest, but they sure tasted good.  Had them with rice and beans and a slice of avocado. 

12 comments:

  1. You are a very busy lady and I am sure this takes a toll on your body. I am sure the Covid-19 virus and the renewal of the threats it causes physically and mentally wears the mind and the body down.
    It does this to me, too.
    I do love how you keep yourself busy and motivated. You are a wonderful example of self preservation and I admire your strength.
    Have a Lovely Autumn day 🎃👻🐈🍁☕🍂🌙

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to go into the heart of the red zone to go to the bank this morning. Wore two masks, gloves and used my hand sanitizer.

      Delete
  2. active life you got going ...sorry I haven't been around..between funerals catching up on ydg my ass is dragging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to keep busy. I've always been active and now with Covid. So I keep up with online classes. Just started getting out again and it seems that we might be headed for the 2nd wave.

      Delete
  3. I am so sorry that your numbers are rising again. Sadly it is almost always sparked by selfish and 'entitled' people. Stay safe.
    Hooray for getting meals prepared for your husband and (I hope) for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do hope they can stop it, but I fear that the National Guard would have to be called in. Basically, it is the Hasidic communities that are spreading it.

      Delete
  4. Selfish people always ruin things for everyone else.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's all me, me, me. I have my rights, they say. Well, I have rights too.

      Delete
  5. I love avocado and enjoyed them this week too.
    A slice with your meal was a good idea.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm surprised having it every night hasn't set off my IBS like it usually does.

      Delete
  6. I suspect we all will see numbers rising again. In my state all but bars are open and so many refuse to wear masks. I am waiting for the numbers to skyrocket again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Here, in southern England, we have moved up to "orange status" too.🙄 And again it is the selfishness of some people that has brought this new spike. We are in a better position than the north of the country though. Huge swathes of northern England are rated red.🙁
    Don't know about you, but I'm beginning to wonder if life will ever return to anything like normal again, at least in our lifetimes!
    Oh well, guess all we can do is stay as positive as possible, and never lose hope!😊
    Take care, my dear friend...and look after yourself.😊😊

    Big Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete