Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Tuesday Ramble

There has been so much going on lately.  The funeral, classes, etc.  Last week I was interviewed by the mayor's office.  The center referred me.  I was asked about my involvement with online classes and how they have helped me.  I was also asked my advice on how they can improve.  It seems the city is planning on expanding the services to other centers and hoping to get other seniors involved as well.  The Dept. of Aging wants to give some classes as well.  They were especially interested in the grief class I took and thought it was great that participants came from different parts of the world.  

I was also interviewed by the nurse interns, not once, but twice.  The first time lasted 2 hours.  And then they requested to speak to me again, but I was interviewed by two different nurses the second time.  They have been giving some great classes.  Today will focus on high blood pressure, but it's not looking like I'll make it.  I've not even showered or had breakfast yet. Wish they didn't do it so early.

I found that I missed those city meals even though they weren't the best.  I missed the box of canned goods, cereals and stuff they used to send.  I also missed the chicken.  I used to take the thighs and add some spice and cook them up for hubby.  (I don't like thighs). But I used to like to take the chicken strips and make a nice stir fry out of them.  So I rejoined.  But, what I got has been pretty disappointing.  

This is supposed to be Chicken Ragu, but all I see is egg noodles, a little sauce and mixed veggies.

Chicken Basil Potstickers.  There are only two of them and mixed veggies.  I figured I will stir fry some chicken and broccoli I bought yesterday.  I don't know if I will eat the ragu.  Doesn't even smell appetizing.  And forget the three sandwiches.  I tossed them away.  I mean whoever heard of purple turkey?

This was only my first delivery and I'm signed up for two weeks.  We'll see what the next delivery brings.  I may just end up canceling. 

My son and I decided we want to keep some of Ant's ashes to keep him close to us so I ordered the following:


This is for my son, Jerry.


And this is what I bought for me.  At first I just couldn't bear to think of it, but now I realize that it will be a way to keep him with me always.  

I forgot to mention yesterday.  The plot I bought is for two, so that will be where I am laid to rest as well.   

Thanks everyone for your response to my question yesterday.  Finally got it across to hubby, and he understands.  My son and I are both going to chip in.  One of my friends who knew Anthony from 5 years old is already talking about appetizers for the table.  Well, I looked at the prices.  Not really in my budget.  She and her hubby are invited as well as their daughter who loved and was loved by my son.  They had once made a promise to each other that one day they would be married.
 

20 comments:

  1. It sounds as if you are a very busy lady but this may be a good idea...just don't wear yourself out.
    You are amazing at taking those meals and turning them into something tasty and to you and hubby's likings and taste and it helps your budget,too.
    I think that your choice and your son's choice I are both beautiful and so is the idea of keeping your son near you both.

    Keep Safe and Well 🍁🐈🎃🍂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never realized how much there was to do. I just put money down on the tombstone. That broke me down. I shouldn't buying that for my son.

      Delete
  2. That is a truly lovely locket.
    Please look after your busy self.
    And no, those 'meals' don't look appetising.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a beautiful cross, and I really like what has been written on that heart!

    Now that I've accepted God and His Son Jesus Christ back into my life, I feel like God has me in his arms every day which has given me such great joy!

    Mary, my friend, take good care!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your senior center seems quite active. I been to few meals at ours and it actual remind me of middle or jr high school.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. They are beautiful and I also ordered for the woman who my son loved all his life.

      Delete
  6. crap..I did 4 loads of laundry 3 days ago and I'm recovering.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't even do laundry anymore. We send it out. Neither of us can handle it.

      Delete
  7. The locket you chose is beautiful. My thoughts are with you as you bury your son.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do like the locket, it's lovely.
    Thinking of you.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful blog… You provided very interesting information here. I feel happy to read this post.

    Regards,
    Online Thesis Help

    ReplyDelete