Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Tuesday Ramble

Tuesday morning.  Today we have our monthly party at the center.  The theme for this month is Valentine's Day.  What else.  We all usually bring in some decadent treats for our parties. I bought some nuts, chocolate covered raisins, chocolate covered peanuts, dried fruit, etc. and plan on putting together a trail mix.   I also have some Lindor Chocolates.  I usually buy a couple containers of homemade cookies at the place where I get my iced coffee, but the baker has been on vacation.  It's a family owned deli and the dad is the baker.

 (This was my first one.)


This is my new addiction besides Dot to Dot for Adults.  This is so much fun.  

Going to be tested for food intolerance.  I really feel I have a problem with gluten.  Maybe not as bad as some, but every time I eat more than the usual amount, my tummy acts up some.  I'd been doing fine since my illness until Sunday when we went to Olive Garden for dinner.  I was going to order the gluten free rotini, but the rigatoni looked so good.  Well, I was up at 4 am to go to the bathroom and then 3 times after that.  I noted that this sort of thing happens when I eat gluten, not every time, but when I eat a bit of it.

Today should be a fun day.  Valentine's Day Party.  Made my trail mix and have my candy ready.  Looking forward to some great socialization. And good food.  Chicken parm, spaghetti, and Baskin and Robbins for dessert.  Hoping to get some good pictures to share on Friday.


11 comments:

  1. Tell us about that lovely art you did! Have fun at your Valentines party today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you paint this beautiful art...it is gorgeous!
    Have a great time with everyone today.
    It sounds wonderful 💖💗💕

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pictures are lovely.

    I have found that eating five small meals a day instead of three larger ones is much better for my digestion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your latest artwork. The blossoms in particular draw my eye.
    Have fun at the party, and good luck with the allergen tests. Food sensitivities are no fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The flowers are awesome! Please share more about this new ‘addiction’!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your art here.
    Have fun at the party.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete