Monday, February 17, 2020

Monday Morning This and That

Morning all.  Hope you all had a great weekend.  For some of us it's not over yet, though.  I had a quiet weekend by choice. Had a touch of something that began on Saturday. My nose was running like a faucet. Non-stop from the time I got up until I went to bed. Could of been a head cold, or my allergies, or sinuses. No other symptoms.  Whatever, it' was still there a bit on Sunday but not as bad....but you can call me Rudolph  if you want. That's how red my nose is. 


 First signs of spring.  The daffodils pushing through.  Shame people have to be so messy.  Walk by and toss their empty cups in the yard.  Bunch of pigs.

Went shopping on Saturday and  picked up a couple of Healthy Choice Cafe Steamers.  Usually I eat half my lunch at the center and bring half home for dinner (that's how much they feed us), but sometimes, on days that I stay late, I don't bring anything home.  If I don't eat it, I give it away.  I don't like letting food sit out so long.  So I checked out the frozen dinners and discovered the Cafe Steamers were much lower in sodium than the rest of the frozen dinners.  I bought the General Tso Spicy Chicken and the Asian Potstickers which I ate on Saturday.  Delicious.  Looking forward to buying more.  I see they have a whole line which I am hoping to try.

Spent yesterday in the kitchen.  Made some pork chops and steaks for hubby....and grilled some chicken for me.  Served it with

Broccoli Salad: Broccoli, cabbage, carrots, red onion, mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar, raisins, dried cranberries, and a bit of sugar.

Sesame noodles:  Noodles, soy sauce a bit of sugar, red pepper flakes, garlic, rice vinegar,  green onions, sesame oil, and a wee bit of canola oil.





12 comments:

  1. Oh how someone can find no guilt in leaving their trash anywhere they please and I would be bothered by this just as you are.
    I see the delicious food in this post and now I am hungry!
    Time to go find something to eat 😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And the super keeps a bag tied to the fence just for cups and stuff. They are just too lazy to open it.

      Delete
  2. I wish we were getting the first signs of Spring here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a running nose and a cough at the moment. I am not sure whether it is a cold or allergies.
    Sigh on the selfish dumpers.
    That broccoli salad sounds good. I need to vary my salads a bit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am trying too. I'm so afraid of Romaine anymore after being sick.

      Delete
  4. The first signs of Spring are very welcoming.
    Yum to Broccoli salad!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sick of regular salads. Trying to incorporate new things.

      Delete
  5. We are starting to see signs of spring here also! Dare I hope that spring will be early this year???

    I don’t understand how people think they have the right to chuck their garbage wherever they please!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They say it will be an early spring. Keeping fingers crossed.

      Delete