Monday, February 10, 2020

Monday Morning This and That

Monday morning greetings.  This looks to be a fun one for me.  Tomorrow is the Valentine's Day party at the center, and I am looking forward to it.  Hoping to get some nice pictures for you with my new phone.  Well, it's not actually new.  It was hubby's, but it is still much newer than mine was and takes better pictures.

So as I said on Sunday, I managed to continue attending the center despite being so sick so I was there for the election.  Guess what.  I was voted in as the new secretary for the senior council.  What an honor....as well as a lot of extra work.  But, it gives me a say in things that happen at the center and makes me feel like I am giving back some of what they have given me. 

We have a great new group on Friday's.  It's called Connect and Create.  The facilitator is an intern, but not meek and mild like the other interns.  She was a school teacher in one of the worst areas in Brooklyn and knows how to control the group.  No one is allowed to monopolize.  In the group, we are given a series of questions, and each of us takes a turn answering.  This week's topic was childhood.  

When completed we are each given a piece of paper to write down a sentence or a word.  Then these are put together in a poem.  

Last week's completed poem about generations.

See what old age does? It makes you a forgetful fool. Went to the bank and deposited some money, did a little shopping, had a new protector put on my phone, and came home to start paying a couple credit card bills. It was only after paying a couple of them that I discovered I had left my debit card in the ATM. Thankfully I discovered it and put a stop on it before anyone used it. With the chip it's so much easier to use in a store than if one needed a pin number.

And yesterday I went shopping.  Got halfway to the bus stop when the store called.  I had left my wallet on the counter.  Had all my money in it and a credit card.  This stuff is really starting to worry me.  I've been blessed so far, but who knows what will happen if I continue making these careless mistakes.




9 comments:

  1. Your facilitator sounds as if she is going to be very good for the group.
    You are also a great choice for secretary... congratulations!
    At our age we must stay focused more on what we are doing and not be in such a rush. It does help. Concentrate on the moment you are in not what is coming up next. This is what I do.
    Have a great day 💮

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right. My mind is scattered in a hundred places, but mostly I am so fearful of relapse. Have to stop and enjoy life.

      Delete
  2. Your new group sounds very interesting. And, it's really nice to have a good facilitator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a pleasure to have a good facilitator. The others just allow a certain few to monopolize. They don't know how to bring it back to topic.

      Delete
  3. I will be checking our senior center lunch out today, I will be 60 the 12th.
    Hope to do a report very soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know how the lunch is. We get awesome meals at my center.

      Delete
  4. Hooray for feisty interns. And an intern who knows what she should be doing.
    Glad your forgetful periods didn't result in disaster. I would be worried too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Many congratulations on becoming secretary …

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete