Saturday, July 30, 2016

Saturday Check in

Each fairy breath of summer, as it blows with loveliness, inspires the blushing rose.

Author Unknown


Good morning.  It's going to be another hot one with heavy showers on the way in the afternoon. No plans on going out. This morning I want to cook up some cauliflower and broccoli. When I cook them to the point where they are soft, I can eat them. I know I have probably cooked out most of their vitamins, but right now I have no choice. Will be cooking up two meals for Ralph as well.. Bought myself some tiny shell macaroni and I hope to be able to eat them with sauce.

All in all, though, life is good. I'm healing and making progress, and where I once felt depressed and hopeless, I am now looking forward to eating solid food again. I know it's a process, and once the pain goes away I will have to learn how to chew again, but one step at a time, and I will finally get there. Yes, life is good.

Lost another .6 pounds this week.  Slow but sure I am doing it.  Gosh, when I think of it, two years ago at this time I couldn't even walk a block without losing my breath or leaning against something because I was in pain.  Life is good.

My poor hubby.  He really tries. I had been whining the other night that I wished I could eat some chicken,  but I couldn't chew it at this point.  He went to work and brought me home a chicken pot pie from Kentucky Fried. I opened the fridge and there it was with a little note, "This is soft so you can eat this. Enjoy"  So sweet of him, and I love him for the thought, but it wasn't exactly something I could 'really' eat.   Soft is one thing, but healthy?  Have you ever checked the nutrients on this?

People that don't have deal with high blood pressure usually don't pay attention to stuff like this, but I am always concerned...and then there is Weight Watchers to think about.  You are going to be shocked at this one.  Looked it up online. 2,120 mg of sodium and 32 Weight Watchers points. And the day before weigh in? I took a spoonful to make him feel good, and then I guess I have no choice but toss the rest. He won't eat it. Never see any homeless around here. For me, it's a killer--both for my health and my weight.  I hate to waste food, but I just can't eat it.  Wouldn't it be nice if these places made their food healthier so we could ALL enjoy it? 

Got some great ideas for Lammas food.  I think soup is the way to go at this point.  

Have a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment