Friday, July 15, 2016

It's Over.

A dentist gets to the root of the problem.

Dental Humor
 

Good morning everyone.  We're in for a very hot and humid day here in Brooklyn.  I'll be in for the day.  Dentist's orders.  Rest up and eat light foods for the next few days, so all I have eaten is a yogurt for dinner last night and a pudding about 8pm.  Not much of an appetite.  I should be able to hit that 50 mark next week with a few days of this....and it's exactly what the doctor ordered. (By the way, I put on .2 yesterday). 

Not much 'real' pain, only a lot of soreness. Heck, I had 8 needles and anyone who has had a tooth pulled knows the needle sites can sometimes hurt more than the extraction. And I have 6 stitches. Of course, I am on pain meds right now, and as they wear off I realize it's not as bad as I expected. Lets hope it stays that way.

The teeth themselves fit great, and I was pleasantly surprised that I could taste my yogurt. My pre op research had turned up a lot of horror stories about losing your taste for food. Have a wee bit of swelling, but not that bad. They say it is the worst on the third day so I am following orders with ice packs to keep swelling down.

The dentist told me I was a champ. First had to drill off the bridge. What he did was drill to separate each tooth. One came out with the drilling and he had to dig for the roots. After we were done he told me, "You had some bad stuff under there." Seems my teeth had been dying off throughout the years but who knew because the bridge looked great. 

So, the nightmare is over now, and although I'll have to deal with some suffering for a few days, it's over, and as Ralph said, "You will never have to go through this again."
Thanks to all of you for your support. I'm so glad I had you with me.

Have a good one.

5 comments:

  1. Now THAT'S a beautiful smile! Glad to hear it went so well. I hope you have a quick and full recovery with a minimum of pain and swelling. Now you have a lifetime of smiling ahead of you, Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent news - and a relieved and gorgeous smile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeih you!! Well done! You are such a pretty lady with such a beautiful smile!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm happy for you Mary.

    ReplyDelete