Tuesday, July 19, 2016

A Wee Bit of Magic

Good morning everyone.  Today I am off to the dentist.  I think what bothers me the most is the letdown, because, despite all my research....and despite the logical part of my mind expected some pain afterwards....the illogical part had me thinking that NONE of what I read was going to happen to me...especially after how good I felt the first day when I took that selfie.  But, like hubby said, of course I felt good.  It took awhile for all the novocaine to wear off, and I was walking on air because it was over.  The fact is my gums went through some serious torture.  

With that being said, I'd like to lighten this up a little.  Hard to believe that we're heading very quickly towards Lammas.  The magic of summer is now at its peak.  


One way can be learned by starting to see the magic in everything. Sometimes
it seems to be hiding but it is always there. The more we can see the magic
in one thing, a tiny flower, a mango, someone we love, then the more we
are able to see the magic in everything and in everyone.
Where does the mango stop and the sky begin?

Joshua Kadison

And my newest herbs are beginning to sprout.  Oh, the magic of the first sprouts breaking ground.  New life begins.

 Cayenne peppers

Cumin, lemon mint, winter thyme, and cilantro
 Basil, chives, and mustard seed

Borage, catnip, and lemon balm

Holy Basil.  Planted last year, it doesn't grow.  It just stays as is.  Makes me happy it does this.
his herb has been revered for its medicinal value throughout India for thousands of years. Hindus believe the plant as an incarnation of the goddess Tulsi, offering divine protection, and Ayurvedic texts describe Holy Basil as the building block of holistic herbal medicine. Today it still remains one of the most cherished of India's sacred healing plants.
Have a good one. 

2 comments:

  1. It's not QUITE the same as growing your own herbs, but last night I rearranged my spice cupboard, LOL! I hope the dentist gives you good relief today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your herbs.
    Good luck at the dentist.

    ReplyDelete