Thursday, December 17, 2015

Thursday This and That

At Christmas
A man is at his finest towards the finish of the year;
He is almost what he should be when the Christmas season's here;
Then he's thinking more of others than he's thought the months before,
And the laughter of his children is a joy worth toiling for.
He is less a selfish creature than at any other time;
When the Christmas spirit rules him he comes close to the sublime...
 
 Edgar Guest

Good morning everyone. Slept a little late this morning. That's okay. My body needed it. Been doing a lot of running around lately.
 
We're in for some rain today so there is a little change in my plans. This morning I have my Weight Watchers meeting, and I won't miss that, even went in a snowstorm for my weigh in last year. But afterwards I'd planned on taking those two vests to sent back to Amazon as I finally received a return label in the mail and then had wanted to stop for more clementines at the Chinese store, but they say by 11 or so heavy rains will be coming. No way am I doing all that walking in the rain so I'll have to fit everything in on another day.

Otherwise, nothing else on my agenda so the afternoon will be a quiet one sitting in and listening to the raindrops hit on the AC. It's an awesome felling knowing one doesn't have to go out in it.
I took out my paints for the first time in months the other day, and this is what I did.  It still needs a bit of work but I tried using a variety of textures on it, and the oil paint is taking forever to dry.  I wish I could find another art class.  I was learning so much before the teacher just disappeared.  I understand that he was a volunteer and wasn't paid for his service but he still should have said good bye and let us know that he wouldn't be back.  We met for weeks afterwards wondering if that would be the week he returned.  That's kind of sad.

Have a blessed day.

3 comments:

  1. A charming painting, Mary -- I like the tree especially and how you've painted the snow on the branches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a beautiful painting, Mary, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your painting - and hope you continue. With or without another teacher.

    ReplyDelete