Thursday, December 31, 2015

Happy New Year's Eve




Year's end is neither an end nor a beginning but a going on, with all the wisdom that experience can instill in us.

Hal Borland


Well, the day is going to be clear and cool. The rain is gone.  Happy morning of the eve. 2015 is almost gone. For me it's been a good and bad year. Returned to school, reunited with family, and suffered some tragic losses...including my dream to reunite with my mom who passed in July. I lost my beloved kitty in September. Nevertheless, I find myself looking forward to the new year. In fact, my granddaughter gave me a basket for Christmas, and each day I plan on writing down a blessing or something that makes me happy and putting it into the basket to read next New Year's Eve.

I've a busy day today.  This morning I'm off to Weight Watchers.  I'm not looking forward to a loss this week.  In fact, this week I am going in with expectations of a gain.  Then afterwards I have to stop at C Town to pick up some of the yummy  that Met Food doesn't have.  Then, after dropping that off, I have to pick up the cart and head over to Met Food.  Have to pick up a Rotisserie chicken for tomorrow night and a few other items.   Ralph is bringing home the yucca.  Every year, for the 24 years we have been together, we have had a rotisserie chicken and yucca with red onions from one of our favorite Spanish restaurant.  It's our tradition.  But, the restaurant has burned down, but rather than give up on our meal, we'll be having it from different places.  Usually we get enough to eat tomorrow as well.  No cakes, cookies, or chips and dip for this holiday.  It's just hubby and I.  

 I did read, however, that eating black eyed peas on New Years is supposed to bring good luck. Now, to he honest I never had them, don't even know if I like them, but it's worth a try, and who knows, maybe another tradition will be born.

Have a good one.  And stay safe.  Beware of the other driver.

HAPPY NEW YEAR'S EVE TO ALL. 





2 comments: