Monday, December 21, 2015

Monday This and That

 Sing hey! Sing hey!
For Christmas Day;
Twine mistletoe and holly.
For a friendship glows
In winter snows,
And so let's all be jolly!

Author Unknown


Good morning everyone.  Hope you all had a wonderful weekend.  I had a busy Friday.  Took my vests to the UPS Access Store to send them back, walked to Rite Aid for our Christmas candy, then walked to the supermarket and bought everything I need for Christmas Eve and Christmas dinner.  In all, I walked for two hours.  That should count as a week's worth of exercise.

On Saturday I was up at 4:30 am.  Just couldn't sleep.  Tossed and turned so much that I finally gave up and got out of bed. Got an early start to my cooking.  Now I have all my meals prepared for the week and can spend my time on Christmas preparation.  Today I plan on making cookies.  I used to bake over 90 dozen cookies and give them as gifts.  This year I just plan on making three kinds--Lemon Drops, Snickerdoodles, and Mexican Wedding Cookies.

Wow, I lost a ton of followers this weekend and was beginning to think it was something I said. Then I discovered that I wasn't the only one this was happening to, and Blogger was aware of the problem....although they weren't doing anything about it at the time.  Some people with huge followings lost hundreds.  I lost 22.  Maybe they are still there but not listed.  Who knows!  Anyone else notice this happening this weekend?

Received a flier on Saturday.  There will be some one day workshops at the college in January.  On the 12th I have "The Science of Sugar" and cookies will be served.  Weight Watchers would love this one.  LOL!!!  This is followed by "The Moral Side of Murder".  Sounds like it might be interesting.  Then, on the 19th they have "The Parting of the Ways", a non-theological study about ancient struggles in the Middle East.  This is followed by "The Election of 1860 and the Secession Crisis", not really my interests, but it is something to do...and who knows?  It may prove interesting. 

Well, that's about it this morning.  I'm off to have breakfast so I can get an early start.  Have a good one.




3 comments:

  1. Those one-day workshops sound pretty interesting, actually! And I lost 40 followers last week. One day they were there and the next -- gone! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too have lost followers. And assumed they were bored until I learned that others had the same issue.
    Those workshops sound interesting. The moral side of murder in particular.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my Goddess!!! Same thing happened to me. 21 followers gone right after I shared the news of my condition. I thought they considered my blog took a dark turn and left. My faith to humanity returned! I'm glad you will spend this Christmas with all your family. Try not to worry about your sonogram so you can enjoy this time. Sending you lots and lots of love!

    ReplyDelete