Friday, December 25, 2015

I heard the bells on Christmas Day
Their old, familiar carols play,
And wild and sweet
The words repeat
Of peace on earth, good-will to men!

Henry Wadsworth Longfellow



Good morning everyone, and a Merry Christmas to all. Listening to the weather here. We've already broken the record for the warmest Christmas on record, and it's only 7:30 in the morning. Wow!!!!

Had a wonderful Christmas Eve. Ate a wee bit too much, both in quantity and bulk--chips and dip, buffalo wings, lasagna, meatballs, sausage, cookies and cake, pineapple, strawberries, and orange slices, topped with a large iced coffee and my yearly glass of Pepsi. Needless to say, I went to bed with heartburn. Today I'm cooking pernil, gondulas and rice, and a veggie...broccoli for me and okra for Ralph.

Got a lot of nice gifts which I'll share in awhile. Right now I need some coffee to get myself going. Have a good one.

3 comments:

  1. Christmas is ALL about overeating, LOL! I sympathize re the heartburn too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Holidays Mary! Wishing you and yours all the best! I haven't had a good pernil or arroz con gondulas in forever....making me hungry for it LOL

    ReplyDelete