Monday, June 15, 2015

Monday Morning This and That



I belong to the people I love, and they
belong to me--they, and the love
and loyalty I give them, form my identity
far more than any word or group ever could.

Veronica Roth


Morning all.  Another week is upon us, and it begins with a rainy day.  I'm taking off today.  Not leaving the house.  Lately it's become hard for me to carry an umbrella crazy as that may sound.  My fingers tend to lock when I hold it and for some reason, perhaps because of the angle of my arms when I try to carry it, my back starts to hurt.  Always something when age starts creeping up on you. 

I  was pretty sick last week.  There is a nasty cold bug going around, and I picked it up from hubby.  First cold since September of last year. (Knock on wood).  Felt pretty miserable the first couple of days and spent most of the time sleeping, but by the third day I was well on my way to getting better.  Made me think back to those days when I smoked, ate unhealthy foods, and no fruit.  Three weeks into my colds I would still be hacking away.  Healthy eating works wonders.


Had a quiet weekend.  Didn't do much of anything on Saturday.  Made a nice pot of low sodium sauce. Put some red pepper in for flavor.  Felt like having macaroni for dinner.  Been awhile,  and I was really craving it so it was all I could think of from the time I got up.  Yesterday I made a low sodium chicken chili that was out of this world yummy. 



Saute peppers, onion, garlic, and celery until softened. Add diced chicken and saute until cooked. Add 1 can low sodium Great Northern beans, 1 package low sodium chicken bouillon, cumin, flaked red pepper, picante sauce, and one cup water. Bring to boil then simmer until water almost gone. When serving top with Jack cheese and sliced avocado.

Speaking of food.  Hubby came home with a huge package of strawberries Friday.  I knew I wasn't going to be able to eat them.  I already had sliced up fruit salad of melons grapes, blackberries, and a few strawberries, pineapple, and oranges.  So,  I put the strawberries in the blender with some orange juice and made a healthy frozen dessert.


It was an awesome dessert, especially in this hot weather.

Been communicating with my first boyfriend through much of the week.  Ralph need not worry. LOL!!!  That was a long time ago...and obviously so not important that neither one of us can remember how we got together or how it ended.  He was a junior and I a senior, so we know we weren't in the same class. It's weird that I could remember his name after all these years, and remember him enough to look for him when I joined Classmates, but I cannot remember any of our dates or how we met...and neither can he.   

Well, that's about it for me.  Hoping you all have a good one.


1 comment: