Friday, May 22, 2015

Friday Roundup



I truly believe we can either see the connections, celebrate them, and
express gratitude for our blessings, or we can see life as a string of
coincidences that have no meaning or connection.
As for me, I’m going to believe in miracles, celebrate life, rejoice in the
views of eternity and hope my choices will create a positive ripple
effect in the lives of others. This is my choice.

Mike Ericksen

Look how tall my money tree is getting.  Time to transplant and set on the floor.

Good morning everyone.  This is my day.  A time for celebration. I'm off to see my daughter.  I feel so blessed with what's happened in my life.  A second chance.  Not all of us get that.  Speaking of second chances....

Gained .6 pounds, but it's something that I expected.  Sodium puts water weight on me right away, and I not only got into hubby's Jalapeno chips, but also  had some low sodium turnkey yesterday for lunch, and I've learned that even though it says low sodium, the level is still higher than what I should be eating.

Had quite a scare yesterday. After Weight Watchers I went to C Town to pick up a few items. They have a few items I can't get at my regular store. So, I went to the register and swiped my card and it said wrong pin...over and over again. Embarrassing and frightening. I was scared that someone had gotten hold of my information. Embarrassingly, I told the girl I had no cash so everything had to be put back. I then stopped at Met Food and bought a couple items just to see if maybe their machine had been at fault. Same response. 

I left Met Food so upset I was halfway down the block before I realized I was still pushing the shopping cart. LOL!!! Had to take it back. By the time I called Ralph I was almost in tears. All I could think of was that all my money was gone. He came immediately and drove me to the bank.

Turned out to be something very simple. No one had touched my money. It seems that the first time I typed my pin number I was one number off and a question mark went up. I don't quite understand. I've been wrong on the pin before but may TD bank is getting stricter. I don't know. All I do know is that I am very grateful and much relieved.

Well, that's about it for this week.  Have a wonderful weekend.  Talk to you all on Monday.

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad everything turned out well with the card. That was definitely a scary experience.

    Enjoy the meeting with your daughter. It's a blessing that you both will meet. Have a wonderful weekend my friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today's the Big Day!!! Excited for you and your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy for you and your daughter!!! WIshing you all the best. Oh, the banks are so careful now, it's easy to have something like that happen. It's so frightening, isn't it? I'm glad it was nothing, but completely understand your panic.

    ReplyDelete