Friday, February 6, 2015

Friday Roundup



Follow the wisdom provided by
nature. Everything in moderation--
sunlight, water, nutrients. Too
much of a good thing will topple
your structure. You can't harvest
what you don't sow. So plant your
desires, gently nurture them,
and they will be rewarded
with abundance.

Vivian Elizabeth Glyck

Good morning.  It sure is cold out there today, but as it stands now, I still intend on bundling up and making another WW meeting.  Lost another .6 pounds at this week's weigh in.  Many complain "I'm disappointed.  I only lost a pound."  Way I look at it is a loss is a loss. Besides, you ever wonder what a pound looks like?  Took this picture at the meeting yesterday.


Makes you think twice, doesn't it?

I'm sure am anxious for Spring.  It's not the cold that bothers me--I wasn't minding Winter at all--but now that the snow and ice has hit, well, now it is a different story.  Not happy at all.  I was listening to the weather this morning, and the forecaster said we are headed into a long period of snow starting on Saturday.  The pattern will hold until Tuesday.  Fortunately, it won't be days of steady snow, but he said to expect snow about every 12 hours. Yikes!!!  The sidewalks will never be shoveled.

Not planning much this weekend.  Church on Sunday depends on the snow.  I've plenty of fruit and veggies in the house so no need to head to the fruit stand.  I just got a free book of Cuban recipes for my Kindle, so I'm thinking that on Saturday I might make some Cuban steak.  I've been getting pretty bored with cooking lately, so I'm trying to spice it up some with foods from around the world.  Chinese New Year is right around the corner, and I've got a great meal planned for that day.

I'm frustrated with the building owners.  I've been trying for months to get a copy of my lease renewal so I can apply for benefits.  I've sent letters with my rent, called three times and was promised that it would be sent out and never was, and now, this last time I paid my rent I sent a stamped self-addressed envelope.  Don't know why they are giving me such a hard time.  It's not like they are going to lose any money.  If this doesn't work, I don't know what my next recourse is.  I'd have to hate to get a lawyer on it, but I do want to apply for SCRIE and food stamps.  Need this for both.  

Well, I'm off to the shower now.  I'm pretty sure that no matter how cold it is, I'll be heading to another meeting.  May be the last time I get out until Tuesday.  

Have a wonderful fun-filled weekend.  Be sure to make some time for rest.

2 comments:

  1. Oh I feel your pain from the snow and the cold - literally!! Mountains of snow here. The sidewalks just got cleared and now they are covered with more snow and it is so COLD this morning! The idea that there is no end in sight is just unbelievable! No wonder I had to order a new set of tarot cards!! :) :) Hang in there. I hope you get the paperwork you need soon!

    ReplyDelete