Monday, January 6, 2014

Monday Morning This and That

The weekend has passed, and we survived the big snowstorm.  Actually, it wasn't as bad as the press made it out to be.  It was the cold that got to you. I stayed in both Friday and Saturday, finally venturing out to go to Church on Sunday. Sorry to say that I only made it to the corner before turning back.  It was so slippery.


I spent my days indoors reading, sipping hot chocolate, and doing my best to learn this tablet.  I am getting better at it, but there are still things I have not been able to master. ..centering quotes, italics, etc. I would also like to change this Christmas background, but have no idea how. Hopefully it won't be long now. Hubby called and found out that his checks will begin soon and he should get his back pay soon.  

I am so relieved. It will take a lot of pressure off me. My savings has dwindled down.  When I first retired I knew my income would be cut, and it would be a bit of a struggle until Hubby's social security went through, but I hadn't counted on the union giving me such a hard time with my pension.  Boy, they sure were quick to deduct my dues, though.  

On Saturday I watched 'The Quest for King Arthur on the history channel. I absolutely love reading about the Arthurian Tradition and the mysteries of Avalon. I adore Merlin, the Lady of the Lake, and stories about the Morrighan. 


I also made a rice dish that turned out absolutely delicious and was very simple to make.  I mixed together two tablespoons of my sofrito (garlic, onion, green, yellow, and orange pepper, and pitted olives. ..All mixed together in the blender),1 teaspoon tomato paste, salt, pepper, one can Campell's vegetable soup, a wee bit of oil, one can of water, and rice. Bring ingredients to a boil, add the rice and allow to boil down, cover, turn down burner, and allow to simmer until rice is done.  

Well guess that is it for now.  I am not going to the center today.  With more nasty weather on the way I am just going to get my food shopping done today rather than wait until Friday.  With all this crazy weather who knows what Friday will bring?
 
Hoping to get my new computer this week.   Keep your fingers crossed for me. May you all have a wonderful day... and be careful out there.










4 comments:

  1. Stay safe and warm! Glad your husband's social security has come through!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning Mary....I agree with Debra.....stay safe and get your little chores done early so you can be safe and cozy in your little have. Glad the finances are getting sorted out.

    xo

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad for you that the finances are sorted out. What a relief. Stay warm and comfy. And your rice dish sounds comforting and delicious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hear there is a deep freeze coming.
    Stay warm! I'll do the same.
    (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete