Thursday, December 26, 2013

The Day After

When we recall Christmas past, we usually find that the simplest things—not the great occasions—give off the greatest glow of happiness.

Bob Hope


Wow, how quickly Christmas 'present' becomes Christmas 'past', but I am not complaining.  I had a really nice time this year. On Christmas Eve we all gathered around the tree and ate all our little hearts desired.  No big, elaborate meal.  We munched on cold cuts, cheese, crackers, and other goodies whenever we felt hungry. My youngest hates to shop so he gave us all a gift card.  Now I can get myself that new purse that I need.  My eldest enjoys gifting and always picks out the nicest tops.  Hubby surprised me by buying me  a Tablet.  He saw how much I enjoyed my Smartphone, but also noticed the struggle I was having because the print was kind of small for someone who doesn't see as well as they used to.  

And none to soon, I may add.  My computer died completely on me.  Just wouldn't work.  I figured I had nothing to lose since I'd already lost everything, so I pressed the restore button, and here I am.  My computer is working as if my hubby had just brought it home.  For how long, I don't know.  It is quite old.  I did lose my Legacy program, but thankfully, have everything saved on my Ancestry tree. My only concern was the fact that I'd lost my Norton, but with the help of Andrew, a young man and computer whiz I follow here in Blogland, I was able to upgrade to Windows 8 and install Microsoft Essentials, a great, free antivirus.  

The following are some photos taken in Dyker Heights, a very rich area in Brooklyn.  Here you will find million dollar mansions.  And every year, people come from miles around to see the decorations. Cars actually line up just to drive down the block.  Maybe it is me, but this year, I find the decorations a wee bit gawdy.  This year they went over the top.


G




Hoping you all had a wonderful Christmas.

3 comments:

  1. Had a quiet day. Just Ed and I.
    No drama, no events.
    I can DIG IT! ISYN!

    (((hugs)))Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your computer woes were solved and that you have everything backed up just in case. Those photos are indeed wild -- sometimes "less is more" but not, apparently, when it comes to Christmas lights.

    ReplyDelete
  3. cheap jimmy choo trainers, combining elegant style and cutting-edge technology, a variety of styles of cheap women jimmy choo trainers, the pointer walks between your exclusive taste style.

    ReplyDelete