Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Strange day today!!! Can't quite put my finger on it... Just feels somewhat out of the norm. Mercury retrograde? Is that what it is?...Or is it something more? Does anyone else feel it, or is it just me? Truth be told, I am bored....I feel as if I have been stagnating lately, like I need something more in my life, something new...and not something material. I have enough of that. What I need is something to feed the soul. Druidism will always be in my heart, and I will forever be a Druid, but I am ready and eager to take the next step... and the fact is, Druidism and Shamanism go hand and hand. It is not as if I am turning to an a new path altogether. I am just adding knowledge to the one I am already on.

I guess my restlessness started when I began a study of Tom Cowan's book "Fire in the Head: Shamanism and the Celtic Spirit. " I found myself hungering for more. For those who haven't read it and are interested in Druidism and Celtic Shamanism, I highly recommend it. Throughout the book, th author probes the common Shamanic roots of Druidism, witchcraft, and Celtic Christianity. He touches on mysticism, visionary experiences, and the soul of nature.

And then came that nagging little voice inside "But you are too old to become a Shaman. You are 62 years old, a crone, but don't crones make the best wise women? And, it is not that I have never been to the Otherworld; I have visited there since I was a child. And all my classes with NOD (New Order of Druids) have been leading up to this, haven't they? I've learned to communicate with Nature...and isn't that something that Shaman's do?

No comments:

Post a Comment