Thursday, September 3, 2009

Addictions



I realized something yesterday. I will always be an addict. I can become addicted to anything and everything very quickly. Truth be told, it was a really, really busy at work, and I was unable to get to my blogs...and it ate at me all day. Now mind you, I've only been blogging for a little over a week and already have 3 started and another one in the works. One is never enough for me. It's like that with everything. I have so many bottles of nail polish that it ends up going bad and has to be thrown away. It's the same with lipstick, eye shadow, and blush. I've been addicted to alcohol...many moons' ago. I've been addicted to cigarettes and am currently 2 months smober. I've had my go-rounds with coffee, soda, cookies, candy, and ice cream.. clothing, necklasses from the 99 cent store, hair goods, books. The list goes on and on and on.

Speaking of books, I began re-reading "The 21 Lessons of Merlyn" by Douglas Monroe again, and I chanced upon something interesting. It is found on page 19 and is called "Three Things a Man is". These are:

What he thinks he is.
What others think he is.
What he really is.

Something to think about you. Check with me tomorrow about that one.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Mary, what did I tell you about blogging and world of bloggers.... it does get addictive. You have a beautiful blog goin here... Congratulations for joining the rest of us addicted bloggers.

    SObeit

    ReplyDelete
  2. Addicting isn't the word. Now I understand why the groups are taking such a hit on membership and participation. Everyone is over here. LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete