Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Tuesday Ramble

Good morning.  Weather has been gorgeous, but this morning I woke up to heavy rain.  What's new? No matter what I have to get out this morning to sign some papers before a notary.  My pension papers.  Every few years we have to go through this to prove that we are still alive.  If we don't get them in on time, we lose our pension.  Can't afford to let that happen. 

Later I am headed to my great niece's surprise graduation party.  She is graduating 8th grade and heading for high school.  Her mom really has her hands full with this one, and I fear it is only going to get worse when she enters high school.  In short, she has sent nude pictures of herself to boys and runs away to hang out with boys.  I told her mom she should take her to a gynecologist because personally, I am pretty sure that at 13 she is already sexually active.  However, I didn't come right out and tell my goddaughter that. She would get mad at me.  I told her the gynecologist could help educate her.  


Made these for her graduation gift.  She likes black and she loves cats.  Luckily I had a little cat charm in black.  Nothing like being invited at the last minute.  Didn't have time for much of anything.

Went to the center yesterday.  Wellness was canceled because they were doing some work on the stairs and using a drill which made it impossible to concentrate on a class.  So I hung around and chatted all morning and had a wonderful time of it.  We talked about everything under the sun.

Then they announced that Food for Life was going to be held at 2 pm.  Actually, I have given up on that class.  They disappointed me too many times.  Besides, I already know how to cook.  Just enjoyed the socialization part of it.   

Have a good one.

15 comments:

  1. I'm sure your great-niece will love your gift. Have fun at the party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had loads of fun, but am feeling it this morning.

      Delete
  2. Those gifts are amazing. I am sure like Debra that she will love them.
    Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Had a great time yesterday, but was up well past my bedtime.

      Delete
  3. Your gift for you niece is very beautiful.
    I hope that she soon realizes where this kind of behavior could get her.
    so sorry that your Food for Life class has been such a disappointment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope she learns. These things follow you throughout life. Teenagers don't realize that once out there, these things are out there forever.

      Delete
  4. Congratulation to your great-niece, and she will happy with your attractive gift.... I love the cat.

    Have a wonderful day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a big accomplishment for her. I am proud of her.

      Delete
  5. The center sound like cool place to be.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's wonderful. I've been to other centers and they were nothing like this.

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Important to make sure your pension papers are done …

    Those are lovely gifts.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't lose that. Already faxed over and taken care of.

      Delete
  8. Your great niece will love the gifts! I truly hope everything will be alright with her! Make sure to get your pension papers done! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing, nice article..
    Visit my site at http://bit.ly/2IUkx5I

    ReplyDelete