Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Tuesday Ramble

Good morning. Was planning on doing some cooking today, but yesterday my friends and I decided we'd attend the June birthday party event at the center.  They hold it once a month.  I've never gone, but my entire jewelry class will be going and seated at the same table.  It should be fun.  

Took this picture on Sunday as we headed home.  Sundown at the Verrazano.  



Amazed that I was able to get this photo from a moving car.  My phone camera works when it wants to.

So Food for Life was canceled once again.  In fact, the teacher wasn't even there....after telling me on Wednesday that it was moving back to Mondays.  I was so frustrated I marched into the office to find out if it was even going to be held anymore.  I received a huge apology and was told a new intern from the Culinary Institute was going to be interning with the kitchen staff (he sure is lucky because they are great and will teach him a lot), and they are going to have him run the class.  Probably on Wednesdays.  Would be great to work with someone from such a famous culinary school.  Will just wait and see what happens.

I am really determined to get back below goal.  Not only to save money, but also because I worked so hard to reach goal.  It's a real shame to  blow it.  My house is now filled with healthy snacks.  Time to get my health back.

I find I can get more in by piling them in than by stacking neatly.  Yogurt and sugar free applesauce.

Sugar free peaches, mango, watermelon, honeydew and cantaloupe. Plus lots of fresh fruits and veggies.

I'm also determined to get back to walking. 


This book outlines their program to safely increase physical activity levels by walking for better health, improved fitness, and less pain.  I started a few years back, but dropped it when I began walking well again.  Now I plan on starting again to get myself back in shape.  This book can be purchased through Amazon, but it can also be gotten free through the Arthritis Foundation for $11.95.  I got mine for free from one of the osteoarthritis organizations I belong to when I participated in one of their programs.

Have a wonderful day. 

9 comments:

  1. Have fun at the birthday lunch! Walking is terrific exercise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We always feel better when we eat healthy.

    I have eaten at the CIA and it was a terrific experience. How nice that you got an intern from there. I am sure everyone will benefit, both her/him and the staff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely sunset photos. I fail on taking pictures from a moving car.
    Love your snacks. I hope they are getting their act togetheer on Food For Life. They have been messing around for too long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure hope so, too. I usually fail at taking pictures on a moving car, but I kept cropping the picture with the boat. Otherwise, you wouldn't have seen it.

      Delete
  4. Sundown at the Verrazano looks beautiful.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete