Friday, June 28, 2019

Friday Roundup

Whew!  It's Friday.  Been a very busy week for me.  Good thing I decided to stay home on Sunday.  Needed a day to myself.

On Monday I went to the center.  Stayed until after lunch and then left even though Food for Life was on.  I just don't care about it anymore.

On Tuesday I ran out in the morning.  Went to two different banks in two different directions.  Then went looking for a graduation gift and card that I didn't find.  Bought an "I'm proud of you" card and a box of candy.  Also gave the graduate a pair of earrings and a choker that I made.

She is such a pretty girl.  I hope she gets her act together.

In all, I was out from 9 am to 11 am, came home, took a shower and dressed, fixed hubby a plate for dinner, was picked up for the party at 1 and didn't get home until after 10 pm.  You'd best believe I was tired the next day, but I was up and out the door Wednesday morning at 8:30 for Mindfulness and a veggie lasagna lunch.  That was an alternate lunch.  Most people had lobster tail, baked potato, and asparagus, but I don't eat seafood.

Thank goodness for Pepto Bismal.   Without it I wouldn't have made it in Wednesday.  Don't it just bug you when someone brags about their food and then when you taste it, it's nasty.  Well, my goddaughter's friend who is obviously an alcoholic (she brought her own booze and drank all day) made stuffed shells with homemade sauce.  She boasted about it all day....how great it was, how everyone loves it.  Well, I hate to tell her, mine is so much better.  Somehow a spicy sauce does not bode well with stuffed shells...in my opinion.  I ate some because I was starving, and it was the only food available.  On Wednesday morning my tummy was all upset.  My son said the same with him.  Never again.

Yesterday was the last day of our special meals--steak, mashed potatoes, and brussel sprouts (which I gave to my friend).  They also gave us a gift bag--tote, pair of socks, pill container with one side for pills and the other filled with bandaids, and Foster Grant reading glasses.  What an awesome place.

Today I am off to the center again.  Jewelry class in the afternoon.  I sure am a busy lady.  Making up for all the time I spent working with no time for any fun.

Have a wonderful, safe weekend.



14 comments:

  1. You're a veritable whirlwind! Glad your tummy upset didn't last too long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you keep yourself so busy with such varied and fun activities! But seriously, you make me tired to read all you do! Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I make myself tired. But I worked for so many years and never had time for anything. Now I am making up for it.

      Delete
  3. It is best to stay busy and moving and you certainly did that this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely better staying busy. I don't know what to do with myself if I'm not.

      Delete
  4. Wow! You are on the go just about everyday...where do you get your energy from :)
    I am sorry to hear that you and your son became ill after eating the stuffed shells.
    Have a great Evening~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know where my energy comes from. Guess it's a side effect of many years of focusing on work and no fun.

      Delete
  5. Goodness you are busy. And sociable. I also get tired reading about it.
    I have noticed that people who brag about their cooking are often wrong. Sometimes badly wrong as this woman was.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that sauce was so nasty. Maybe it would have been okay on something else, but not on stuffed shells.

      Delete
  6. I know I would have a hard time keeping up with you. Hope you will show us your next piece of jewelry your doing.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely will. Haven't finished it because I am waiting for more beads.

      Delete
  7. Yes, you certainly are one busy lady, but sorry that both you and your son were unwell after eating that food.

    Take care.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so sorry about your upset tummy! Make sure you breathe, when you're so busy! LOL! Have fun Mary! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete