Thursday, April 28, 2016

Thursday This and That



What greater blessing to give thanks for at a family gathering than the family and the gathering.

Robert Brault

Good morning friends and family. Temps are on the way down again today, but not enough to make me start digging out winter clothes.  I'll be warm enough if I layer my clothes.  Just don't want to see those winter clothes anymore.  Most of them are too big on me now, but I refused to buy any new winter clothes as I still have about 30 pounds to go.  I did give away three coats that I just bought last year.  They hung on me.   

So I found out that I DO have dental insurance, and it's pretty good.  I've been suffering for awhile now with this permanent bridge, and I know it and sadly, the rest of my teeth have to come out.  Major work.  I kept putting it off because I was afraid of the cost but lately I've not been able to eat what I want and have been through two infections in the past 3 months.  Most of the time I feel pretty darn uncomfortable.  I found out that the extractions will be free and the top and bottom bridges are $150 each.  Not bad.  I was thinking thousands.

Why have I put it off you may ask.  I wanted to finish out this semester at school.  This week we are on Spring Break and my last classes are next week.  I'd been planning to do it then, but now my daughter is flying in on the 17th, my granddaughter on the 20th, and we're planning a big family get together.  It will be the first time I meet my grandchildren, and I don't want to do so toothless.  I am so looking forward to this.  Tears of joy.  A few family pics.








Today I am off to Weight Watchers.  Hopefully I will have gotten over this plateau.  It's really frustrating when you do everything right and don't see the results you were hoping for; instead, you either see a gain or remain the same.  I am so close to that 50 mark, yet I have stayed 3 pounds away for months now.  Not giving up though.  I came too far for that. 

Have a good one.

2 comments:

  1. What an exciting month May is going to be for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such a lovely looking family my friend.

    ReplyDelete